Database Developer/BI Analyst
Company: Guardian Life
Posted on: June 21, 2020
Position SummaryIndividuals within the Business Intelligence
(BI) Analyst III role deliver business intelligence & reporting
solutions using a set of very efficient processes. In addition, BI
analysts fulfill ongoing ad-hoc request demands and look for
self-service solutions. They work closely with other CGM data,
reporting and analytics units, business partners and IT leaders to
identify, prioritize, execute, and communicate the appropriate
reporting solutions. It is essential that BI Analysts build an
understanding of the CGM organization at a level of detail that
enables them to provide best in class reporting solutions. They
provide data that is accurate, congruent and reliable, and ensure
the information is easily available to users for direct consumption
or integration with other systems. BI Analysts educate and train
business partners and clients to use the data as an analytical
tool, displaying the information in new forms and content for
analysis and option exploration.
BI Analysts work with users to understand and determine business
requirements, priorities, define key performance indicators (KPI),
and develop BI and data warehouse (DW) strategy. They conduct
analyses of functional business processes and functional business
requirements and participate in the development of business cases
in the support of process changes. This includes working with
business and development teams to design, and document dashboards,
alerts, and reports.
BI Analysts understand how data is turned into information and
knowledge and how that knowledge supports and enables key business
processes. They must have an in-depth understanding of the business
environment and an interest in going beyond the obvious, delving
into the source, the definition, philosophy, and foundational roots
of a data element to create information. They must work well within
a team environment.Candidate Responsibilities
- Provides on-going delivery of recurring reporting
- Responds timely to ongoing new ad-hoc requests and look for
optimal ways to deliver.
- Provides automations of existing processes; using the optimal
technology and processes.
- Ability to build out data marts to house data.
- Database development
- Works on complex and cross-functional IT and business
- Works on multiple tasks/projects as team member or leader or
- Participates in workstream planning process including
inception, technical design, development, testing and delivery of
- May participate in project management estimation
- Works with internal and external customers and IT partners to
develop and analyze business intelligence needs.
- Provides input to business requirements for the design of
- Interprets business requirements and determines optimum BI
solutions to meet needs.
- Identifies and provides input to new technology opportunities
that will have an impact on the Enterprise wide BI
- Designs Institute-wide views and custom reports.
- Perform analysis for a wide range of requests using data in
different formats and from various platforms.
- Researches business problems and creates models that help
analyze these business problems.
- Provides input to the development of information quality
- Researches tools, frameworks and mechanisms for data
- Interfaces with vendors to keep abreast of new technologies,
pricing & customer applicability.
- Participates in vendor evaluations.
- Adheres to current standards.
- Provides input to standards, policies and procedures for the
form, structure, and attributes of the BI tools and
- Designs and delivers end-user training and training
- Trains users to transform data into action-oriented information
and to use correctly.
- Provide guidance, training, and problem-solving assistance to
other team members.
- Coaches less-experienced individuals.
- Excellent knowledge of supported business functions, systems,
- Familiar with technology system processes, reporting functions,
- Works effectively with in a cross functional matrix
Keywords: Guardian Life, Bethlehem , Database Developer/BI Analyst, IT / Software / Systems , Bethlehem, Pennsylvania
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!