Human Resources - Payroll Specialist
Posted on: March 14, 2023
Title: Human Resources - Payroll Specialist
Duration: 6 months
Location: Bethlehem PA
Location: Resource will be required to work on-site in the
Bethlehem PA office 2-3 days per week. This is a contract to hire
Performs all activities required to process home office, retiree,
and disability payrolls, including all pre-and post-controls and
validation, maintaining related records, ensuring that all employee
level tax issues are properly addressed, posting to the general
ledger, preparing accounting transactions, and closing each cycle
in a timely manner consistent with internal governance and
- In conjunction with the Payroll ensure that all payroll
administration and accounting processes are regularly evaluated to
be as streamlined and efficient as possible.
- Maintain all critical payroll controls and procedures,
including developing and enforcing standards, to ensure the
accuracy and timeliness of payroll processing, including manual and
automated input to the payroll system as well as output from the
payroll system to other systems.
- Assist overseeing all aspects of wage attachment
- Prepare payment requests for all third-party payroll
liabilities other than taxes.
- Promptly executes all pre- and post-processing audits to
validate payroll accuracy and promptly makes any necessary
adjustments so that employees and other key stakeholders have an
error-free payroll experience. Inform key stakeholders regarding
errors or corrections as appropriate.
- Enter and release off-cycle, On-Demand payments as
- Collaborate with the Tax department, FM&C, and HR
stakeholder (e.g. Benefits) on all payroll issues.
- Serves as the Tier 3 expert for payroll matters that are
referred by the HR Shared Services Center team (MyHR), ensuring
that all inquiries and cases are resolved as quickly as possible
with a focus on providing superior customer service.
- Manage the various payrolls for active corporate employees,
retirees, and those on disability including pre- and post-
verifications, balancing and reconciliations, general ledger
posting and journal entries, and reporting.
- Assist with overseeing the resolution of all Tier 3 service
requests escalated from MyHR within established Service Level
- Cross train payroll staff in all routine payroll policies and
processes to eliminate all single points of failure; collaborate
with MyHR leadership to ensure proper training of MyHR staff as
- Maintain a wide variety of payroll information, files and
records in written and electronic formats for the purpose of
providing an up-to-date reference and audit trail for
- Escalate potential service issues to the Payroll Manager or
Head of Payroll
- Knowledge of payroll administration, controls, governance, and
accounting best practices with established network for keeping
- Knowledge of current federal, state, and local regulatory and
compliance obligations related to payroll and how to fulfil them in
a timely and accurate manner.
- Understanding of multi-state payroll practices, requirements,
and financial/tax implications.
- Knowledge of Workday Payroll module required.
- Knowledge of Workday HCM preferred.
- Continuously strives to provide superior products and customer
- Expresses oneself in an open and honest manner
- Demonstrates self-awareness and embraces feedback
- Minimum of 4 years of experience
- Ability to function as a working (hands-on) payroll lead
processing payrolls, as well as cover for team members in back-up
role for vacation and/or high-volume work efforts.
- Strong focus on customer service, working as a supportive
escalation expert to the HR Shared Services Center and a valued
partner to other COEs and HR Business Partners as
- Proven ability to manage highly sensitive information, working
with internal partners to accomplish objectives without
compromising a high threshold for discretion and
- Highly autonomous and self-motivated, demonstrating sound
judgment and initiative while keeping others informed as
- Strong aptitude for mathematics; highly analytical with a sharp
focus on detail and accuracy; able to think logically yet broadly
to solve immediate issues, identify and diagnose root cause of
systemic issues, and take a leadership role in driving improvements
- Highly effective communicator with an ability to effectively
correspond verbally and in writing with multiple constituencies at
all levels across the organization.
- Accomplished organizational and time management skills to
successfully manage multiple priorities at a given time and deliver
excellent results with sense of urgency.
- Effective manager capable of successfully engaging and
leveraging the expertise of assigned team members.
- Strong skills in Microsoft Office applications, especially MS
Word, MS Excel, and MS Access.
Keywords: HireTalent, Bethlehem , Human Resources - Payroll Specialist, Human Resources , Bethlehem, Pennsylvania
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...