Patient Access Rep - Emergency Department (Upper Bucks P/T Nights 16 hrs/wk)
Company: St. Luke's University Health Network
Posted on: May 13, 2022
St. Luke's is proud of the skills, experience and compassion of
its employees. The employees of St. Luke's are our most valuable
asset! Individually and together, our employees are dedicated to
satisfying the mission of our organization which is an unwavering
commitment to excellence as we care for the sick and injured;
educate physicians, nurses and other health care providers; and
improve access to care in the communities we serve, regardless of a
patient's ability to pay for health care.The Patient Access
Representative is responsible for completing the registration
process for patients seen at St. Luke's in both outpatient and
Emergency Departments. The PAS representative is to project the
image of the facility as a customer-oriented organization. He/she
will assist all customers by providing accurate
information/directions and handle requests in accordance with
hospital policy. This includes the collection and accurate data
entry of all patient information into the correct Epic application,
focusing on insurance verification, transcribing orders and point
of service cash collections. . Communicates effectively in
interactions with all customers (internal and external). The intent
of this job description is to provide a summary of the major duties
and responsibilities of this position, and shall not be considered
as a detailed description of all the work requirements that may be
inherent in the position.WORK PERFORMED JOB DUTIES AND
RESPONSIBILITIES: ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: Greets and directs patients
and visitors for the entire facility to provide friendly and
courteous services at all times.
- Dispense information and answers questions regarding the
facility and its services.
- Communicate effectively with all departments to meet customer
- Answer the telephone in a timely manner, assist and/or direct
the caller to the appropriate person or department, and accurately
record verbal orders.
- Access the proper Epic application and accurately enters
information necessary to begin / complete the registration process.
- Accurately completes the registration process for any
procedure/admission as outlined by the department's policy and
- Accurately record in hospital computer system clean and concise
notes to track patient account activity and to communicate finances
with hospital patient care staff.
- Responsible for contacting the Primary Care Physician and/or
the Financial Representative to obtain required insurance referrals
and pre-certs when necessary.
- Maintain knowledge of current insurance regulations and
policies. Responsible for contacting insurance companies to verify
benefits when applicable.
- Verifies all insurance/self pay through online eligibility.
When online eligibility is not available for the insurance,
responsible for contacting insurance companies to verify benefits
via phone or insurance website. - - - - - - - - - - - - Responsible
for identifying, collecting, and recording self pay, or co pay
and/or deductibles when applicable prior to or at time of
registration. Online posting of credit card payments.
- Responsible for accurate transcribe outpatient orders. .
- Maintain a working knowledge of policies and procedures
pertaining to registration.
- Demonstrate efficiency and familiarity with all Epic
application responsible to complete functions of the position.
- Responsible for sign in registry for vendors and clergy,
providing churches and clergy information when needed.
- Supports the training of Department new hire staff including
- Provide other hospital departments and physician offices with
information or materials related to Network Registration processes.
- Provide St. Luke's Hospital with data and documents necessary
to produce a patient bill by conducting in-person or telephone
interviews with patient or facilities to gather demographic,
financial, guarantor, referring and primary care physician data, to
establish or verify an existing medical record number, and entering
the information into the hospital computer system
- Promptly resolve minor issues and inform manager, other
department manager or nursing supervisor of any significant patient
and visitor complaints.Please complete your application using your
full legal name and -current home address. -Be sure to -include
-employment history for -the past seven (7) years, including your
present employer. - Additionally, you are -encouraged to upload a
current resume, including all work history, education, and/or
certifications and -licenses, if applicable. -It is highly
recommended that you create a profile at the conclusion of
submitting your first application. -Thank you for your interest in
Keywords: St. Luke's University Health Network, Bethlehem , Patient Access Rep - Emergency Department (Upper Bucks P/T Nights 16 hrs/wk), Human Resources , Quakertown, Pennsylvania
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!