Barista II Lehigh University
Posted on: September 6, 2018
Job Overview: The Barista II will provide exceptional customer service while making hand-crafted, quality beverages. Baristas take orders and make coffee, tea and other drinks to customer specifications. Baristas will also operate cash registers and credit card machines. Baristas field customer complaints or questions while working to maintain good customer relations and speedy delivery of all beverages. The general responsibilities of the position include those listed below, but Sodexo may identify other responsibilities of the position. These responsibilities may differ among accounts, depending on business necessities and client requirements.General Responsibilities:
- Greets customers, take orders, mixes and serves hot and cold beverages such as coffee, espresso, cappuccino, café latte, tea, chai, fruit blend drinks, etc. while considering customer specifications.
- Works to maintain good customer relations and speedy delivery of all beverages and food items.
- Arranges coffee bar/cart supplies and cups/mugs to make attractive displays.
- Maintains bar/cart area in a neat and sanitary manner.
- Often cleans coffee machines, restaurant areas, restrooms and preparation areas.
- Records all sales, collects money, operates a cash register and follows all cash-handling procedures as required.
- May sell food items.
- May operate a cash/credit card/electronic payment register.
- Attends all allergy and foodborne illness in-service training.
- Complies with all Sodexo HACCP policies and procedures.
- Reports all accidents and injuries in a timely manner.
- Complies with all company safety and risk management policies and procedures.
- Participates in regular safety meetings, safety training and hazard assessments.
- Attends training programs (classroom and virtual) as designated.
- May maintain inventory, stock, and requisitions as well as complete assigned tasks from management every day.
- May perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned. Job Qualifications:Experience/Knowledge:
- High School diploma, GED, or equivalent experience.
- Customer Service related work experience.
- Must have knowledge of food preparation, sanitation, standards, and inventory control systems.
- No previous work experience required. Skills/Aptitude:
- Presents self in a highly professional manner to others and understands that honesty and ethics are essential.
- Ability to maintain a positive attitude.
- Ability to communicate with co-workers and other departments with professionalism and respect.
- Maintains a professional relationship with all coworkers, vendor representatives, supervisors, managers, customers, and client representatives.
- Ability to use a computer.
- Ability to provide clear directions and respond to employees.
- Basic food-handling skills. License/QualificationsCertifications: None. Starbucks Baristas will be required to be certified.General Qualifications:
- Willingness to be open to learning and growing.
- Maturity of judgment and behavior.
- Maintains high standards for work areas and appearance.
- Maintains a positive attitude.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule helpful.
- Must comply with any dress code requirements.
- Must be able to work nights, weekends and some holidays.
- Attends work and shows up for scheduled shift on time with satisfactory regularity. Physical Requirements:
- Close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus, with or without corrective lenses.
- Significant walking or other means of mobility.
- Ability to work in a standing position for long periods of time (up to 8 hours).
- Ability to reach, bend, stoop, push and/or pull, and frequently lift up to 35 pounds and occasionally lift/move 40 pounds. Working Conditions (may add additional conditions specific to defined work location):
- Generally in an indoor setting; however, may supervise outside activities and events.
- Varying schedule to include evenings, holidays, weekends and extended hours as business dictates.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is primarily in a controlled, temperate environment; however, may be exposed to heat/cold during support of outside activities.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate to loud. Company DescriptionThis is a great opportunity for Full time applicants interested in the Food Service Industry; Vacation time, Sick time, Uniforms, 401K, Medical, Dental, Vision plus many more benefits. Reduced summer hours to vacation and spend time with your family and friends. Lehigh Dining is seeking Courteous; Reliable Employee to work with the Lehigh University Dining Team. 1 year Current Food handling experience preferred. Serv Safe Certification a plus.Start with Sodexo Stay with Sodexo. Sodexo is a Global Company with opportunity to advance, move or travel. You will first click on Apply, fill out application and submit. Next step is to fill out self id form and submit. It will then prompt you to take the Sodexo Assessment. The assessment will ask you question like, in your last job, would your boss say you worked A - As safe as mostB - Not as safe as most C - Safer than most Of course you would choose C- Safer than most. This is the kind of answers the assessment is looking for. You are always safer, better and work independently. Any questions please call. Debra Bruder Ops Manager HR601-758-4192
Keywords: Sodexo, Bethlehem , Barista II Lehigh University, Hospitality & Tourism , Bethlehem, Pennsylvania
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!