Location: Center Valley
Posted on: March 19, 2023
Location: US-PA-CENTER VALLEY
System ID: 915724
Category: Food Service
Employment Status: Full-Time
Unit Name: LVH SIERRA LAKE DOE
Unit Contact: Boris Bacvic
Target Hourly Rate: $18.00
The Cook II will accurately and efficiently prepare, portion, cook,
and present a variety of hot and/or cold food items for various
meal periods: to include Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner and
Special/Catered Events. The general responsibilities of the
position include those listed below, but Sodexo may identify other
responsibilities of the position. These responsibilities may differ
among accounts, depending on business necessities and client
- Prepares and cooks to order foods requiring short and broader
- May produce food and serve customers at an a la carte or may
operate a grill station.
- Prepares food in accordance with current applicable federal,
state and corporate standards, guidelines and regulations to ensure
high-quality food service is provided.
- Reads food order or receives verbal instructions on food
required by patron, and prepares and cooks food according to
- Provides the highest quality of service to customers at all
- Follows basic recipes and/or product directions for preparing,
seasoning, cooking, tasting, carving and serving soups, meats,
vegetables, desserts and other foodstuffs for consumption in eating
- Prepares foods by operating a variety of kitchen equipment to
measure and mix ingredients, washing, peeling, cutting and
shredding fruits and vegetables, and trimming and cutting meat,
poultry or fish for culinary use.
- Tastes products, reads menus, estimates food requirements,
checks production, and keeps records to accurately plan production
requirements and requisition supplies and equipment.
- May clean and sanitize workstations and equipment and must
follow all Sodexo, client and regulatory rules and procedures.
- Attends all allergy and foodborne illness in-service
- Complies with all Sodexo HACCP policies and procedures.
- Reports all accidents and injuries in a timely manner.
- Complies with all company safety and risk management policies
- Participates in regular safety meetings, safety training and
- Attends training programs (classroom and virtual) as
- Produces small to large batch goods using advanced and full
range of classical cooking techniques.
- May select recipes per menu cycle, prepare bakery items,
receive inventory, move and lift foodstuffs and supplies and
prepare meals for customers requiring special diets.
- Typically performs fast food cooking duties in preparing food
items to be served to customers.
- Intermediate to advanced knife skills required.
- May perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Qualifications & Requirements
- Willingness to be open to learning and growing.
- Maturity of judgment and behavior.
- Maintains high standards for work areas and appearance.
- Maintains a positive attitude.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule helpful.
- Must comply with any dress code requirements.
- Attends work and shows up for scheduled shift on time with
- High School diploma, GED or equivalent.
- 3 to 4 years of related work experience.
- Knowledge of basic operation of equipment and cash-handling
- Presents self in a highly professional manner to others and
understands that honesty and ethics are essential.
- Ability to maintain a positive attitude.
- Ability to communicate with co-workers and other departments
with professionalism and respect.
- Maintains a professional relationship with all coworkers,
vendor representatives, supervisors, managers, customers, and
- Ability to use a computer.
- Requires familiarity of kitchen equipment.
- Must be able to read and follow a recipe unsupervised
- Involved with the more complex requirements of the
- Applies some advanced cooking skills.
- May adapt procedures, processes, tools, equipment and
techniques to meet the requirements of the position.
- Extensive working knowledge of food preparation.
- Close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth
perception and the ability to adjust focus, with or without
- Significant walking or other means of mobility.
- Ability to work in a standing position for long periods of time
(up to 8 hours).
- Ability to reach, bend, stoop, push and/or pull, and frequently
lift up to 35 pounds and occasionally lift/move 40 pounds.
Working Conditions (may add additional conditions specific to
defined work location):
- Generally in an indoor setting; however, may supervise outside
activities and events.
- Varying schedule to include evenings, holidays, weekends and
extended hours as business dictates.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is
primarily in a controlled, temperate environment; however, may be
exposed to heat/cold during support of outside activities.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate to
Sodexo is an EEO/AA/Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran
Full Time Benefits: At Sodexo, we believe every employee should
have the resources to be their best. As part of our overall
rewards, we offer benefits programs designed to help you maintain a
healthy lifestyle including health, dental and vision insurance.
Eligible employees can enroll in their benefits, which will be
effective beginning on their first day with Sodexo. We also offer
other benefits like paid time off, financial and savings programs
and access to our employee assistance program and other discounts
(eligibility varies by unit and may not be available to all
Keywords: Sodexo, Bethlehem , Cook II, Hospitality & Tourism , Center Valley, Pennsylvania
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...