Cook - Senior
Company: Sodexo Frontline
Posted on: March 14, 2023
Location: US-PA-SELLERSVILLESystem ID: 916761Employment Status:
Full-TimeUnit Name: GRAND VIEW HOSPITALUnit Contact: Tamie
Frable-NewmanTarget Hourly Rate: 20.00/hrUNIT
DESCRIPTION#CB#HS#INPosition SummaryThe Sr. Cook will accurately
and efficiently prepare, portion, cook, and present a variety of
hot and/or cold food items for various meal periods: to include
Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, and Special/Catered Events. The general
responsibilities of the position include those listed below, but
Sodexo may identify other responsibilities of the position. These
responsibilities may differ among accounts, depending on business
necessities and client requirements. General Responsibilities:
- May prepare food and serve customers at an a la carte
- Prepares foods by operating a variety of kitchen equipment to
measure and mix ingredients, washing, peeling, cutting and
shredding fruits and vegetables, and trimming and cutting meat,
poultry or fish for culinary use.
- Provides the highest quality of service to customers at all
- Tastes products, reads menus, estimates food requirements,
check production, and keep records in order to accurately plan
production requirements and requisition supplies and
- May clean and sanitize work stations and equipment and must
follow all Sodexo, client and regulatory rules and procedures.
- Attends all allergy and foodborne illness in-service
- Complies with all Sodexo HACCP policies and procedures.
- Reports all accidents and injuries in a timely manner.
- Complies with all company safety and risk management policies
- Participates in regular safety meetings, safety training and
- Attends training programs (classroom and virtual) as
- Produces small to large batch goods using advanced and full
range of classical and contemporary cooking, plating and garnishing
- Follows complex recipes and/or product directions for
preparing, seasoning, cooking, tasting, carving and serving soups,
meats, vegetables, desserts and other foodstuffs for consumption in
- May assist with the supervision of kitchen personnel.
- Selects recipes per menu cycle, prepares bakery items, receives
inventory, moves and lifts foodstuffs and supplies and prepares
meals for customers requiring special diets.
- Serves as a lead cook guiding and assisting in the training of
less experienced cooks.
- Under minimal supervision, independently performs advanced
cooking duties in preparing food items to be served to
- Advanced knife skills required.
- May have oversight over the production staff and assign
- May use production software to enter pre- and post-production
- May take inventory, and/or enter inventory into the
- May perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Qualifications & Requirements
- Willingness to be open to learning and growing.
- Maturity of judgment and behavior.
- Maintains high standards for work areas and appearance.
- Maintains a positive attitude.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule helpful.
- Must comply with any dress code requirements.
- Must be able to work nights, weekends and some holidays.
- Attends work and shows up for scheduled shift on time with
satisfactory regularity. Experience/Knowledge:
- High School diploma, GED or equivalent.
- 4 or more years of related work experience.
- Knowledge of basic operation of equipment and cash-handling
procedures preferred. Skills/Aptitude:
- Presents self in a highly professional manner to others and
understands that honesty and ethics are essential.
- Ability to maintain a positive attitude.
- Ability to communicate with co-workers and other departments
with professionalism and respect.
- Maintains a professional relationship with all coworkers,
vendor representatives, supervisors, managers, customers, and
- Ability to use a computer.
- Requires complete knowledge of kitchen equipment.
- Must be able to read and follow a recipe unsupervised
- Involved with the more complex requirements of the
- Applies advanced cooking skills.
- Adapts procedures, processes, tools, equipment and techniques
to meet the requirements of the position.
- Substantial working knowledge of food preparation. Physical
- Close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth
perception and the ability to adjust focus, with or without
- Significant walking or other means of mobility.
- Ability to work in a standing position for long periods of time
(up to 8 hours).
- Ability to reach, bend, stoop, push and/or pull, and frequently
lift up to 35 pounds and occasionally lift/move 40 pounds. Working
Conditions (may add additional conditions specific to defined work
- Generally in an indoor setting; however, may supervise outside
activities and events.
- Varying schedule to include evenings, holidays, weekends and
extended hours as business dictates.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is
primarily in a controlled, temperate environment; however, may be
exposed to heat/cold during support of outside activities.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate to
loud.Sodexo is an EEO/AA/Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran
employer.Benefits EligibilityFull Time Benefits: At Sodexo, we
believe every employee should have the resources to be their best.
As part of our overall rewards, we offer benefits programs designed
to help you maintain a healthy lifestyle including health, dental
and vision insurance. Eligible employees can enroll in their
benefits, which will be effective beginning on their first day with
Sodexo. We also offer other benefits like paid time off, financial
and savings programs and access to our employee assistance program
and other discounts (eligibility varies by unit and may not be
available to all employees). PI207172836
Keywords: Sodexo Frontline, Bethlehem , Cook - Senior, Hospitality & Tourism , Sellersville, Pennsylvania
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...