Company: Aesculap Inc.
Posted on: February 14, 2019
Requisition ID 20Company Aesculap Inc# of Openings 2Job Locations USCategory ClinicalPosition Type Regular Full-TimeShift 8am to 5pmSite Overview Aesculap, Inc., a B. Braun company, is part of a 180-year-old global organization focused on meeting the needs of an ever-changing healthcare community. Through close collaboration with its customers, Aesculap provides advanced technologies for general surgery, neurosurgery and closure technologies. Aesculap continues a proud heritage of leadership and responsiveness as we strive to deliver products and services that improve the quality of patients' lives.Responsibilities Position Summary:Be part of the exciting innovation in Neurosurgical visualization and robotics. Join an established leader in the Neurosurgical Medical Device field as we launch an exciting new product that complements our large and diverse portfolio.The Clinical Consultant (CS) will be a key member of our Neurosurgery business and will take a lead role in supporting the clinical evaluations of the Digital Surgical Microscope (DSM). The CSwill work closely with the Regional Sales Director and Territory Manager once a DSM evaluation has been scheduled. The CS is the technical expert on the product, will lead training sessions and be onsite to support the clinical evaluations. This position is a key piece of our launch strategy and requires a motivated and enthusiastic individual who can multi task in a high pressure environment. The ability to build strong customer relationships is essential to the position's success. During the evaluations, the CS will need to identify opportunities at the account level to expand the company's share of the Neurosurgery business.Responsibilities: Essential Duties
- Coordinates and conducts in-services for clinical staff prior to product evaluation
- Provides on-site clinical support to accounts during the product evaluation process
- Supports sales representatives in product evaluations
- Maintains an accurate record of case coverage and survey reports
- Manages highly detailed timelines and inventory
- Communicates with Traffic/Distribution team on deliveries and pick-ups
- Works with DSM Product Management to develop quality education/in-service materials
- Provides ongoing clinical support to sales force
- Extensive overnight travel required, 60 - 75%
- Periodically travels with local Sales team
- Must maintain a high customer satisfaction rating
- Assists at Aesculap Academy courses and convention workshops as required
- Participates in trade shows and convention activities as required
- Vendor Credentials must be kept up to date
- Successfully complete the initial product training program
- Must comply with applicable ISO and FDA regulations as stated in Quality Manual
- Must embody the Company's Vision, Mission and Values
- Other duties may be assigned Secondary or peripheral job functions:
- Must be able to travel domestically and internationally by air and car, and work occasiaonal weekends. Must posses a valid govenemnt issued drivers license and passport.
- This position requires the handling of instruments that may have been contaiminated by blood or other bodily fluids. In compliance with Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) regulations, Aesculap will provide a safe working enrioment for all employees. Supervisory Responsibilities:
- May give direction to other personnel when instructed. Qualifications Expertise: Qualifications-Experience/Training/Education/Etc
- Bachelor's degree
- Minimum of two years' experience in the medical device field
- Experience leading clinical education, training or in-services preferred
- Must be a good listener who can collaborate with others
- Sales support and/or customer relations management background preferred Language and mathematical skills; reasoning ability:
- Language Skills: Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating
- and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports
- and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or
- employees of organization.
- Mathematical Skills: Ability to add, subtract, multiply, divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
- Reasoning Ability: Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to use hands to handle or feel and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds.Braun offers an excellent benefits package, which includes healthcare, a 401(k) plan, and tuition reimbursement. To learn more about B. Braun and our safety healthcare products or view a listing of our employment opportunities, please visit us on the internet at Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities /Women/ Veterans/DisabledThrough its "Sharing Expertise--" initiative, B. Braun promotes best practices for continuous improvement of healthcare products and services.Other Responsibilities: Other Duties:
The preceding functions have been provided as examples of the types of work performed by employees assigned to this position. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed in this description are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Management reserves the right to add, modify, change or rescind the work assignments of different positions due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons.Physical Demands:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds.Work Environment:The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. This position could require the handling of instruments that may or may not have been contaminated by blood or other body fluids. In compliance with Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) regulations, Aesculap will provide a safe working environment for all employees. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Keywords: Aesculap Inc., Bethlehem , Clinical Consultant-DSM/Neuro, Healthcare , Bethlehem, Pennsylvania
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!