Clinical Application Specialist Ortho
Company: Aesculap Implant Systems
Posted on: January 14, 2019
Aesculap Implant SystemsRequisition ID 2018-13284Company Aesculap Implant Systems# of Openings 1Job Locations USCategory ClinicalPosition Type Regular Full-TimeShift 8am to 5pmSite AesculapOverview Aesculap, Inc., a B. Braun company, is part of a 180-year-old global organization focused on meeting the needs of an ever-changing healthcare community. Through close collaboration with its customers, Aesculap provides advanced technologies for general surgery, neurosurgery and closure technologies. Aesculap continues a proud heritage of leadership and responsiveness as we strive to deliver products and services that improve the quality of patients' lives. Responsibilities Position Summary:Responsible for training and in-service of Orthopaedic Surgeons, OR, Hospital, Aesculap employees, distributor personnel and other appropriate clinical and administrative personnel in the proper integration and use of the Orthopaedic Division's product lines. Primary focus will be directed at the knee and hip implant systems. Additional responsibilities will include the promotion of all Aesculap Orthopaedic products to surgeons, ORs and Hospital administration with the purpose of selling the systems to Hospitals. Responsibilities: Essential Duties
- Conducts OR and hospital in-service training presentations as required to orient all appropriate personnel in the use of Aesculap Orthopaedic products.
- Uses analytical skills to assess the extent of training required by the customer or sales agent to achieve the required level of proficiency in the use of Aesculap Orthopaedic products.
- Utilizes training materials required to instruct both clinical and sales personnel in the use of Aesculap Orthopaedic products.
- Acquires sufficient knowledge of the Orthopaedic Division's product lines to adequately answer questions posed by customers and assist in field training of sales personnel.
- Acts as an intermediary with the purpose of keeping Aesculap Sales Management and sales agent informed about the proficiency of hospital staff regarding Orthopaedic products.
- Accompanies the sales agents as required to assist in the presentation of Aesculap Orthopaedic products to prospective customers.
- Assists in coordinating the activities related to implementing and conducting clinical studies using Aesculap product.
- Interfaces with ATS as required to support the Orthopaedic products.
- Acts as the primary point of contact for the customer and sales personnel pertaining to the use of Aesculap Orthopaedic products.
- Coordinate the activities related to implementing and conducting clinical studies using Aesculap product. Responsibilities included data collection and IRB proposals.
- Maintains regular contact with customers to ensure that a level of competence is maintained by clinical personnel in using orthopaedic products.
- Makes telephone and personal contact with Hospital and Surgeon decision makers for developing leads for Orthopaedic Products.
- Maintains records sufficient to document the training activities performed at customer sites and with sales agents.
- Makes follow up presentations and supports the closing of the sale with support of the Regional Sales Director and/or local sales representatives.
- Must comply with applicable ISO and FDA regulations as stated in Quality Manual
- Must embody the Company's Vision, Mission and Values
- Other duties may be assigned
Secondary or peripheral job functions:
- Uses professional skills in accordance with company objectives to establish proficiency in the use of all Orthopaedic products. Creativity, problem solving, situation analysis and project duties are required to achieve goals.
- Contribute to creating a climate of trust, ethics, and accountability by effectively seeking out and accepting feedback from others.
- Possess the ability to exceed expectations with the customer in mind and take responsibility for driving key results as well as empower others to achieve desired outcomes.
- Demonstrate behaviors that drive efficiency by understanding and improving processes as well as sharing best practices.
- Receives general instruction on new customer assignments from Sr. Manager, Regional Sales Director.
- Ongoing projects are generally self-directed.
Expertise: Knowledge & Skills
- Language Skills: Ability to read, analyze, and interpret common scientific and technical journals, financial reports, and legal documents. Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers, regulatory agencies, or members of the business community. Ability to effectively present information to top management, public groups, and/or boards of directors.
- Mathematical Skills: Ability to apply advanced mathematical concepts such as exponents, logarithms, quadratic equations, and permutations. Ability to apply mathematical operations to such tasks as frequency distribution, determination of test reliability and validity, analysis of variance, correlation techniques, sampling theory, and factor analysis.
- Reasoning Ability: Ability to define problems, collect date, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
Qualifications Expertise: Qualifications-Experience/Training/Education/EtcRequired:
- Bachelor's Degree required
- RN highly desirable.
- Requires a minimum of 2 years previous experience in the operating room or similar clinical environment.
- Requires a minimum of 2 years of hip and knee operating room experience.
- Prior experience developing successful relationships with orthopaedic surgeons and doctors required (inside and outside of OR).
- Required prior experience in successfully communicating product/field related feedback/issues/suggestions to direct superior and appropriate departments
- Required working knowledge of PC, specifically Windows and Microsoft Office products.
- Must have good leadership, organizational, planning and problem solving skills.
- Must be able to travel minimum of 60% of the time.
- Prior experience in developing successful relationships with sales representatives and distributors/distributor principles preferred
- Prior experience in conducting product in-services and training hospital staff, sales personnel and surgeons preferred
- Prior experience in supporting sales processes and product evaluations with little supervision preferred
- Prior experience in surgical case planning and successful execution of first time case coverages preferred
- Prior experience in efficient extended travel planning and verbal/written progress updates preferred
- Prior experience in successfully presenting to larger groups (internally as well as to customers) preferred
- Prior experience in successfully supporting sales to fulfill given quotas/goals/MBOs preferred
- Ability to prioritize tasks and work on multiple projects simultaneously.
- Must be able to handle several ongoing projects.
- Required command of the English language with excellent verbal/phone and written communication skills.
- Excellent analytical skills.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to use hands to handle or feel and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Braun offers an excellent benefits package, which includes healthcare, a 401(k) plan, and tuition reimbursement. To learn more about B. Braun and our safety healthcare products or view a listing of our employment opportunities, please visit us on the internet at www.bbraunusa.com Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities /Women/ Veterans/Disabled.Through its "Sharing Expertise--" initiative, B. Braun promotes best practices for continuous improvement of healthcare products and services.Other Responsibilities: Other Duties:The preceding functions have been provided as examples of the types of work performed by employees assigned to this position. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed in this description are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Management reserves the right to add, modify, change or rescind the work assignments of different positions due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons. Physical Demands:
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Work Environment:
- This position could require the handling of instruments that may or may not have been contaminated by blood or other body fluids. In compliance with Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) regulations, Aesculap will provide a safe working environment for all employees.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. PI106547339
Keywords: Aesculap Implant Systems, Bethlehem , Clinical Application Specialist Ortho, Healthcare , Bethlehem, Pennsylvania
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!