C.N.A.- 11pm to 7am ***Sign on bonus available of $500 for Full-Time 11p- 7a CNA's***
Company: Country Meadows Retirement Communities
Posted on: October 1, 2018
Make a difference...in your life and the lives of others.
***Sign on bonus available of $500 for Full-Time 11p-7a CNA's***
Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA)
A co-worker's job title is only the beginning of who he/she is to our residents because here, each co-worker serves a position and a purpose. We care for our residents the way we all would want to be treated: with dignity, compassion and respect. To honor the care and commitment that they offer to our residents every day, we work hard to provide a rich benefit package, an environment which encourages career development and competitive compensation.
The Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA) performs hands on care for residents in a nursing home setting.
--- Practices responsible teamwork as evidenced by openly communicating with coworkers, participation in facility meetings, commitment to workgroup's efforts to improve operations or resolve problems and a willingness to lend assistance to other campus co-workers.
- Daily mouth and denture care
- Bathing and clothing (bed or shower) including foley and peri care. Hair care shampoo and combing. Shave as needed, males and females. Resident dressing and under-dressing. Observe skin appearance. Nail care to include cleaning, trimming and clipping (does not include toe nails).
- Make beds and change linen.
- Keep residents dry and clean. Briefs to be checked every two hours. Assist residents with bowel and bladder functions every two hours. Maintain Input and Output records.
- Assist resident in preparation for special tests.
- Assist in preparing residents for PT, OT, Speech Therapy, Activities, and Social Programs.
- Assist in transporting residents.
- Bed rest residents turn, reposition every two hours.
- Assure splints, supportive devices are used as directed.
- Routinely read Resident Care Plan.
- Provide eye, nose, and ear care.
- Vital signs as assigned by charge nurse.
- Assist with care of the dying resident and Post-Mortem Care.
- Round on residents to assure care needs are being met.
- Communicate with residents: include date, season, weather, current affairs, their feelings, likes, and dislikes, etc. Offer encouragement for progression; intercede when repression is observed by reporting to LPN/RN. Provide reality orientation.
- Provide daily ROM exercises.
- Report any changes in the environment.
- Prepare residents for meals.
- Knock on doors before entering
- Keep privacy curtain pulled when caring for resident
- Maintain confidentiality
- Treat all residents with respect, kindness and dignity
- Be sure all nursing care is administered in a private environment, ie: close curtains/ doors
- Report all resident complaints to RN and or DON/ADON
- Maintain completion of ADL, I & O, BM list, and Weights.
- Assist with admissions, transfers, discharges, as appropriate.
- Observes for signs of resident abuse or neglect. Takes immediate action to prevent harm and to report incidents according to company policy and state law.
- Protects resident rights and confidential information according to state and federal laws.
- Ability to multitask.
- Must be kind, sympathetic, and respectful, and otherwise demonstrate good judgment concerning the rights of others.
- Must engage in good grooming habits and professional conduct toward residents, families and staff.
- Must be able to work and communicate effectively with others.
- Must be dependable, punctual, self-motivated, and able to work without constant supervision.
- In case of fire or other internal disaster, assists in evacuating residents to exits.
- Stand / walk up to eight hours a day.
- Frequently support up to 70 pounds.
- Occasionally lift / carry up to 50 pounds.
- Frequently kneel, bend, squat, climb and reach.
- Secure proper assistance for transferring and lifting of residents as needed.
- Workplace includes the entire campus excluding the attic.
- Push/Pull up to 100 pounds
- Must be a licensed Certified Nursing Assistant and in good standing in the state of PA.
- Have the ability to understand and speak English at a level which allows the safe, efficient performance of the job.
Keywords: Country Meadows Retirement Communities, Bethlehem , C.N.A.- 11pm to 7am ***Sign on bonus available of $500 for Full-Time 11p- 7a CNA's***, Healthcare , Bethlehem, Pennsylvania
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!