Registered Nurse - Emergency Department
Company: Lehigh Valley Health Network
Posted on: November 20, 2023
Multiple Emergency Department positions open at Muhlenberg! We have
Full-time. Part-Time. Weekend-Only and Per Diem roles available.
Day, Evening and Night shifts available! -
Provides professional nursing care through skillful assessment,
diagnosis, outcomes identification, planning, implementation, and
evaluation in accordance with facility or department policies and
procedures. Directs and manages the care of designated patients.
Utilizes effective and appropriate communication styles. Assists in
maintaining a safe work environment and maintains clinical and
professional competency as appropriate to the population of
- Assesses, plans, implements, and evaluates the care for
designated patients. Recognizes the need for and initiates
collaboration/communication with physicians, interdisciplinary team
members, and takes actions to proactively resolve patients needs. -
Synthesizes available data, information, and knowledge relevant to
the situation to make decisions which optimize patient outcomes
based on ANA Scope and Standards of Practice and the Code of
- Demonstrates commitment to quality and safety, in accordance
with established policies and procedures, utilizing evidence-based
practice. Participates in evidence-based practice and research
projects as applicable.
- Uses effective and appropriate verbal and non-verbal
communication styles with patients, significant others, visitors,
staff, and professional colleagues.
- Coordinates and provides patient and family education
throughout treatment course to facilitate an effective transition
- Functions as a department team member to support unit and
hospital goals and objectives. Participates in all phases of the
performance improvement process, including organizational and
unit-based patient experience goals.
- Performs validated technical skills based upon clinical
specialty and unit practice.
- Utilizes technology and incorporates technology to optimize
alternative modes of care delivery.
- Demonstrates leadership and team building skills including: -
Teaching and mentoring new colleagues and department interns.
Additional precepting, as assigned. - Delegating on the basis of
skills and expertise of team member, acuity and specific needs of
the patient, and time availability of team members.- Providing
input as requested for performance appraisals of care delivery team
- Graduate of accredited Nursing program.
- Knowledge and competence that reflects current nursing
- Ability to organize and prioritize assignments in the delivery
of patient care.
- Successful completion of additional orientation programs
related to specialty.
- Attainment and maintenance of unit-specific
- Basic computer skills.
- Registered Nurse State of Pennsylvania Upon Hire
- BLS - Basic Life Support Upon completion of orientation Upon
- Bachelor's Degree Nursing
- As per Clinical specialty within 2 years
Lift and carry 40-50 lbs. Examples: Push/pull patients on bed,
stretcher (requires 29 lbs. push force), lateral transfers up to 50
lbs. of the patient's weight. Frequent to continuous
standing/walking. Patient transporters can walk 8-10 miles per
shift. *Patient care providers may be required to perform
activities specific to their role including kneeling, bending,
squatting and performing CPR.
Job Description Disclaimer: This position description provides the
major duties/responsibilities, requirements and working conditions
for the position. It is intended to be an accurate reflection of
the current position, however management reserves the right to
revise or change as necessary to meet organizational needs. Other
responsibilities may be assigned when circumstances require.
Keywords: Lehigh Valley Health Network, Bethlehem , Registered Nurse - Emergency Department, Healthcare , Bethlehem, Pennsylvania
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!