Telehealth Psychiatry Position Available
Company: Maxim Physician Resources
Posted on: January 27, 2023
Psychiatric-Mental Health opening in Bethlehem, Pennsylvania.
This and other physician jobs brought to you by DocCafe
Darius with Maxim Health, seeking psychiatrist for an immediate
start in Bethlehem, PA. Please see below for position details.
Assertive Community Treatment (ACT) Teams are composed of
professionals including psychiatrists, nurses, mental health
professionals, substance abuse professionals, employment
specialists, housing specialists, and a peer specialist, all of
whom collaborate to provide complete services including therapy,
medication management and resource linkage to adult individuals
with serious mental illness (SMI). Services are provided in the
individual's home or the community and include at least three home
visits a week. It should be noted that due to Covid restrictions,
services are also provided via telehealth.
- To act as the Psychiatrist for prescribed clients.
- Supervise the treatment team in numerous areas.
- Conduct psychiatric assessments including psychiatric history,
course of illness, response to treatment, mental status
examination, and DSM V diagnoses and present assessment results at
team meetings and treatment plan meetings.
- Perform individual, group, and family supportive therapy, as
well as psychotherapy and illness education as needed.
- Prescribe psychotropic medications and conduct regular
assessments of therapeutic responses and side effects and educate
clients regarding psychotropic medications.
- Collaborate with Registered Nurses in assessment of client
physical health, making appropriate referrals to community
physicians for further assessment and treatment.
- Provide ongoing support along with the rest of the ACT team as
well as counseling and education to team members and family members
of clients to help them become more knowledgeable about mental
- Provide crisis assessment and management of consumers during
regular work hours, both on and off site over the phone, during
other hours, and as on call back up to the first line of on call
- 32 hours per week
- Please note that even during times where we provide primarily
telehealth services, it still may be required to engage with
clients face-to-face depending on need.
- Board eligible or board certified Psychiatrist in the State of
- Experience providing treatment to persons with severe and
persistent mental illness
- Supervisory experience is preferred
- Act 33 and 44 clearances are required
- Clean, valid DL and reliable transportation
Keyphrases: psychiatry jobs, psychiatrist jobs, psychologist jobs,
psychiatric nurse practitioner jobs
Keywords: Maxim Physician Resources, Bethlehem , Telehealth Psychiatry Position Available, Healthcare , Bethlehem, Pennsylvania
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!