Quality Control Lab Specialist
Posted on: January 20, 2023
Job SummaryUnder moderate supervision, responsible for
completing product quality checks. Conducts routine testing and
analysis of production work. Quality checks are typically reviewed
for accuracy. Documents quality control issues as needed.Why
- Full-Time Health Benefits on Your First Day
- Quarterly Incentive Bonuses paid
- Competitive Time off Package (PTO and Holidays)
- Employee Stock Options
- Retirement Plan Options with company match
- Direct HireWhat does the position do?
- Undertake testing of raw materials and finished goods to ensure
they meet specification.
- Solid understanding of wet chemistry, GC analysis, ICP-OES and
other lab instrumentation desirable
- In operation Quality Control, to include assessment of product
and packing process to ensure consistency and conformity to
- Sample checks of finished batches in line with SQL
- Batch form sign off ensuring alignment to GDP.
- Proficient verification of training on Product Work
- Monitoring completeness and effectiveness of Corrective and
Preventive Actions (CAPA's) and documenting these on internal
- Undertake Internal Audits of the Quality processes.
- Ensure Continual Improvements undertaken, including the review
and update of local work instructions in association with the
- Participation in customer audits and any associated
requirements pre and post audits.
- Assist and participate with any Quality related training.What
do you need to have?
- Bachelors degree preferred, experience in lieu of education
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, specifically Word and ExcelWhat
would be nice to have?
- At least 1-2 years experience of Quality Control, including
record keeping and batch traceability
- Working knowledge and understanding/experience of a quality
management system (ISO 9001)
- Experience within a GMP environment desirable.
- Knowledge of an ERP system is desirable, but full training will
- High levels of attention to details essential
- Self motivated, demonstrating initiative and is result
- *Strives for continual improvement, demonstrates innovation and
- Excellent interpersonal skills, both verbal and written
- Ability to prioritize workload and multi-task
- Positive, upbeat, professional and hardworking with a "can do"
demeanorWhat's the environment like?
- This is a mixed role between an office and lab environment. It
will require you to enter a warehouse environment at times.
- This role will also involve wearing PPE, which will be
provided.DISCLAIMER:The above statements are intended to describe
the general nature and level of work being performed by employees
assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be
construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and
skills required of employees assigned to this position.Avantor is
proud to be an equal opportunity employer.EEO Statement:We are an
Equal Employment/Affirmative Action employer. We do not
discriminate in hiring on the basis of sex, gender identity, sexual
orientation, race, color, religious creed, national origin,
physical or mental disability, protected Veteran status, or any
other characteristic protected by federal, state/province, or local
law. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the
employment process, please contact us by email at and let us know
the nature of your request and your contact information. Requests
for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable
accommodation will be responded to from this email address.For more
information about equal employment opportunity protections, please
view the Equal Employment Opportunity is THE LAW Poster, EEO is the
Law Poster Supplement, and Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination
Provision using the links below.3rd Party Non-Solicitation
Policy:By submitting candidates without having been formally
assigned on and contracted for a specific job requisition by
Avantor, or by failing to comply with the Avantor recruitment
process, you forfeit any fee on the submitted candidates,
regardless of your usual terms and conditions. Avantor works with a
preferred supplier list and will take the initiative to engage with
recruitment agencies based on its needs and will not be accepting
any form of solicitation.
Keywords: Avantor, Bethlehem , Quality Control Lab Specialist, Healthcare , Bethlehem, Pennsylvania
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!