Aide Home Health and Hospice
Company: St. Luke's University Health Network
Posted on: November 26, 2022
St. Luke's is proud of the skills, experience and compassion of
its employees. The employees of St. Luke's are our most valuable
asset! Individually and together, our employees are dedicated to
satisfying the mission of our organization which is an unwavering
commitment to excellence as we care for the sick and injured;
educate physicians, nurses and other health care providers; and
improve access to care in the communities we serve, regardless of a
patient's ability to pay for health care.The Aide Home Health and
Hospice works as a paraprofessional employee who provides
comprehensive personal care and assists with other health care
needs for the patient under a written Plan of Care.JOB DUTIES AND
- Gives or assists patient with bathing, dressing, oral hygiene,
hair treatments, nails and skin care.
- Assists patient with elimination, utilizing a bedpan or urinal,
commode or bathroom.
- Assists patient with eating and meal preparation including
special diets prescribed for patient.
- Assists with positioning, transfers and ambulation, with or
without assistive devices.
- Assists patient with prescribed range of motion and prescribed
exercise which patient and aide have been taught by designated
- Assists patient with application of non-prescription topical
- Takes and records temperature, pulse, respiration and blood
- Performs routine catheter care and removal of catheter if
instructed to do so by professional staff.
- Performs clean and simple dressing changes and decubitus
- Assists patient with ostomy (where function is normal and care
is routine). Includes emptying pouch, changing appliance and
assisting with preparation of irrigation procedure.
- Charts tasks performed on designated records/reports.
- Observes tracheostomy and reports unusual findings to staff
- Communicates with patient's families and related persons,
agency staff to achieve an effective exchange of verbal/nonverbal
and written information.
- Observes and reports deviations from the usual physical and
mental status of the patient and any unusual occurrence(s) to staff
nurse within a timely manner.
- Provides holistic care to hospice patients.
- Acts as preceptor for new employees as part of
- Performs light household homemaking chores in the patient's
immediate environment essential for the safety and comfort of the
patient and maintenance of a functional, healthful, and clean
- Uses own transportation to provide care at patient's residence:
Must have and maintain valid PA or NJ Driver's License; Must have
and maintain a good driving record accepted by the Network
insurance carrier; Must have and maintain motor vehicle insurance
with the minimum requirements established by PA or NJ; Must obey
and adhere to all motor vehicle regulations and laws while
operating vehicle; Must perform routine maintenance on
vehicle.PHYSICIAL AND SENSORY REQUIREMENTS: Must have the ability
to sit for 2 hours per day, and up to 1 total consecutive hours.
Must be able to stand for 10 total hours per day and up to 8 total
consecutive hours. Must be able to walk 6 total hours per day and
up to 10 total consecutive minutes. Must have the ability to
frequently use finger/hands for fingering and handling. Must have
the ability to use upper extremities for frequent pushing of
objects up to 10 pounds and occasional pushing of objects up to 75
pounds. Must have the ability to transport patients weighing up to
250 pounds via wheelchair, stretcher and/or bed. Must have the
ability for frequent stooping and bending. Must have the ability
for frequent reaching above the shoulder level. Must have the
ability for touching as it relates to feeling objects by touching
with the skin, particularly that of fingertips. Must be able to
hear as it relates to normal conversation, high and low
frequencies. Must be able to see as it relates to general, near,
far, color and peripheral vision. EDUCATION: High school diploma or
GED required. Successful completion of a training and competency
evaluation program that meets the standards established by the
Department of Health and Human Services, as well as agency
performance standards, required. TRAINING AND EXPERIENCE:Certified
Nurse Aide/Personal Care Aide/Home Health Aide experience strongly
preferred.Two years of HHA experience under qualified supervision
in a Medicare Certified program required. Ability to communicate in
the English language is required.Please complete your application
using your full legal name and current home address. Be sure to
include employment history for the past seven (7) years, including
your present employer. Additionally, you are encouraged to upload a
current resume, including all work history, education, and/or
certifications and licenses, if applicable. It is highly
recommended that you create a profile at the conclusion of
submitting your first application. Thank you for your interest in
St. Luke's!!St. Luke's University Health Network is an Equal
Keywords: St. Luke's University Health Network, Bethlehem , Aide Home Health and Hospice, Healthcare , Bethlehem, Pennsylvania
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!