Nursing Assistant - New Sign-on Bonus / Increased Rates!
Company: Good Shepherd Rehabilitation Network
Posted on: November 22, 2022
At Good Shepherd's LTACH unit you will be rewarded with low
patient to nurse ratios giving you an opportunity to provide a high
level of specialized care to our patients while at the same time
gain an opportunity to bond with the patients you serve. If this
sounds desirable to you, we want to speak to you!Our LTACH nursing
is a specialty that exists to care for patients who are
experiencing life-threatening health crises within a patient /
family centered model of care. The Good Shepherd Specialty Hospital
(LTACH) has been helping patients recover from complex medical
conditions and injuries since 2000 and is the first long-term
acute-care hospital in the region!
- JOB SUMMARY
- Enhances the effectiveness of the clinical team by collecting
patient data, responding to resident/patient requests, providing
personal care, and maintaining the clinical environment.
- ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
- PROVIDES PATIENT CARE
- By prioritizing, planning and completing patient care as
- attending to personal care needs
- assisting with patient transfers and ambulation
- obtaining accurate vital signs and other clinical parameters
and and specimens including: blood sugar readings, EKG's and drawn
- responding to patient requests
- requesting RN or LPN supervision with new or unfamiliar
- Reviews Policy and Procedures prior to performing tasks that
- ESTABLISHES A COMPASSIONATE ENVIRONMENT
- By providing emotional, psychological and spiritual support to
patients and families and other associates.
- PROMOTES CUSTOMER SERVICE
- By greeting patients, visitors, and associates in person and on
- answering questions within the scope of practice
- relaying calls to patients
- giving directions
- and referring inquires to clinical staff and physicians.
- COMMUNICATES INFORMATION
- By collecting and documenting in the patient record
- providing clinical reports at regular intervals to fellow
nursing assistants and nurses
- notifying RNs of significant findings or change in patient
- DOCUMENTS RESIDENT/PATIENT CARE SERVICES
- By recording information in the chart as soon as possible after
- recording intake/output totals at the end of shift or specified
- records patient activity and care on the chart.
- MAINTAINS PATIENT CONFIDENCE AND ORGANIZATIONAL CONFIDENTIALITY
- By keeping information confidential
- responding to patient requests using Tact and diplomacy.
- COLLECTS RESIDENT/PATIENT INFORMATION
- By operating patient care equipment, including blood glucose
monitor, blood pressure cuffs, lifts and scales according to policy
- observing patient response to care
- engaging patient in conversation and acting upon responses or
- PROVIDES A SAFE AND CLEAN WORKING ENVIRONMENT
- By completing environmental rounds
- keeping patient rooms, supply rooms and hallways free from
- applying infection control policies and procedures to daily
- and other unit specific equipment checks and maintenance
- meeting dress code requirements and maintaining adequate
- SUPPORTS UNIT EFFICIENCY
- By cleaning and restocking patient equipment
- assisting with cleaning and monitoring of equipment
- contribute to PI activities
- using equipment and supplies as needed to accomplish job
- reporting maintenance and equipment issues per policy
- reporting to assigned unit on time, ready to meet the
responsibilities of the position and Punching in and out as per
Good Shepherd policy and maintaining Etime sheet as necessary.
- MAINTAINS TECHNICAL KNOWLEDGE
- By identifying own learning needs
- attending educational workshops
- by seeking resources to meet learning needs
- attending unit meetings
- reading unit memos and meeting minutes and meeting ongoing
mandatory education requirements.
- CONTRIBUTES TO ORGANIZATIONAL TEAM EFFORT
- By arriving on duty as scheduled; maintaining attendance
- demonstrating flexibility in response to change
- acting as support personnel and perform assigned duties
independently to allow licensed associates to complete their
- by offering to assist other associates with patient care and
unit activities that arise throughout the shift.
- Participate in orienting new employees
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to
perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed
below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability
required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable
individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- High School Diploma required
- Work Experience
- 1 year acute or long term experience preferred
- Licenses / Certifications
- Basic Life Support / CPR, as a healthcare provider, per the
American Heart Association required
Keywords: Good Shepherd Rehabilitation Network, Bethlehem , Nursing Assistant - New Sign-on Bonus / Increased Rates!, Healthcare , Bethlehem, Pennsylvania
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!