Medical Receptionist (OBGYN) Part Time
Company: St. Luke's University Health Network
Posted on: November 22, 2022
St. Luke's is proud of the skills, experience and compassion of
its employees. The employees of St. Luke's are our most valuable
asset! Individually and together, our employees are dedicated to
satisfying the mission of our organization which is an unwavering
commitment to excellence as we care for the sick and injured;
educate physicians, nurses and other health care providers; and
improve access to care in the communities we serve, regardless of a
patient's ability to pay for health care.The Medical Receptionist
is responsible for performing office duties, recordkeeping
functions, receptionist duties, and administrative and follow-up
functions to assist in the operation of a medical office. The
Medical Receptionist will work with and receive supervision from
the practice manager, physicians, nurse practitioners and physician
- Actively participates in maintaining and/or improving quality
improvement initiatives, including but not limited to the Physician
Billing computer system and patient satisfaction survey.
- Maintains high level of competence on Physician Billing
- Takes active role in facilitation of team approach to functions
within the department:
- Attends departmental meetings.
- Actively participates as a team member in resolution of
problems as they are identified.
- Analyzes current procedures, bringing suggestions for
improvement to the attention of team members and supervisors for
- Answered in a courteous manner.
- Within 3 rings.
- Identifying self and practice.
- Determining and prioritizing the nature of the incoming
- Responds to patient communications and routes complete and
accurate messages to the appropriate individual.
- Ensures patient satisfaction at the end of each call.
- Maintains patient and physician office schedules
- Schedules patient appointments according to the guidelines of
- Ensures patient access to requested provider when available
- Greets patients in a polite, prompt, helpful manner
- Registers patients according to the guidelines of the
- Verifies patient demographics and insurance information at each
- Captures any barriers - i.e. language, vision, hearing etc.
- Exercises good judgment and communications, demonstrates an
awareness of emergency situations.
- Provides information, direction and other assistance to the
patient as needed.
- Establish and maintain accurate patient records and record
- Types, files, and distributes correspondence as directed.
- Maintains a consistent patient flow, and advises patients of
delays in schedule.
- Monitors and maintains patient reception area; cleanliness and
- Review charge slips submitted by physician and accurately enter
charge information, assist physician with accurate coding
information and process in a timely fashion to the Central Business
- Be familiar with policies of various insurance companies.
- Verifies and explains charges to the patient. - Collects any
amounts due at time of service. - Provides patient education as it
relates to insurance and balances owed.
- Scans and indexes labs, consults etc. - Backlog not to exceed
- Obtains and tracks patient referrals.
- Advises clinical staff of any hearing or language barriers the
patient seems to have.
- Responsible for working with the care team to provide
administrative assistance, as needed.
- Processes requests for medical records according to practice,
State and HIPAA guidelines.
- Prepare miscellaneous reports as requested.
- Coordinate supplies and equipment needs with various
departments and vendors.
- Open/close office as required.
- Receive, sort, and send mail as needed.
- Maintains office supplies.
PHYSICAL AND SENSORY REQUIREMENTS:Requires sitting, standing and
walking for extended periods of time (up to 8 hours at time). -
Requires continual use of fingers for patient care, writing and
computer entry. - Routinely uses upper extremities; occasional
requirement to lift up to 25 pounds. - Occasionally push cart with
supplies up to 30 pounds. - Occasionally push wheelchair with
patient weighing up to 325 pounds. - Regularly requires ability to
stoop, bend and reach above shoulder level. - Requires ability to
hear normal conversation and good general, near and peripheral
EDUCATION:High School graduate or equivalent. - Preference given to
graduates of accredited medical assistant/administrative training
TRAINING AND EXPERIENCE:One year office experience in a similar
setting or graduate of accredited medical assistant/administrative
training program.Please complete your application using your full
legal name and -current home address. -Be sure to -include
-employment history for -the past seven (7) years, including your
present employer. - Additionally, you are -encouraged to upload a
current resume, including all work history, education, and/or
certifications and -licenses, if applicable. -It is highly
recommended that you create a profile at the conclusion of
submitting your first application. -Thank you for your interest in
Keywords: St. Luke's University Health Network, Bethlehem , Medical Receptionist (OBGYN) Part Time, Healthcare , Stroudsburg, Pennsylvania
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!