Company: St. Luke's University Health Network
Location: Center Valley
Posted on: July 30, 2022
St. Luke's is proud of the skills, experience and compassion of
its employees. The employees of St. Luke's are our most valuable
asset! Individually and together, our employees are dedicated to
satisfying the mission of our organization which is an unwavering
commitment to excellence as we care for the sick and injured;
educate physicians, nurses and other health care providers; and
improve access to care in the communities we serve, regardless of a
patient's ability to pay for health care.JOB SUMMARYThe Social
Worker is responsible for coordinating the complex care planning
needs of patients and families, as well as to provide supportive
counseling, psychosocial assessment and interventions for patients
with complex psychiatric, social, medical, and financial needs. The
social worker provides: information, education, and support; mental
health support/guidance; identification of problem areas that
require additional intervention; and connecting patients with
formal (professional) and less formal (family and community)
resources available to address concerns. The Social Worker also
assists the interdisciplinary team in order to help the patient and
families cope with hospitalization, illness, diagnoses, treatment,
and other issues as they prevent a barrier to efficient patient
throughput and quality outcomes. - - -JOB DUTIES AND
- Crisis Intervention and short term psychosocial counseling
- Screens patients, upon referral or according to high risk
criteria for psychosocial needs. - - Conducts psychosocial
assessment when indicated to identify emotional, social and
environmental issues impacting quality outcomes and efficient
- Provides crisis intervention, supportive counseling and
advocacy to assist patients and/or family with adjustment
associated with illness, hospitalization and/or alternative care
placement. - Facilitates the decision making process in complex
- Seeks appropriate consultation and referral services for
psychosocial intervention (both during hospitalization and as
- Communicates findings to care coordinator and other members of
the interdisciplinary team and intervenes as appropriate in order
to ensure a proactive approach to crisis intervention and efficient
- Documents according to policy.
- Patient Advocacy
- Helps patient/family understand, accept and follow medical
recommendations within the context of self-determination.
- Helps patients understand their rights in regards to patient
choice, medical treatment, advanced directives and other related
- Initiates appropriate referrals to the Ethics Committee,
Physician Advisor, Risk Management or Legal Services, as
- Facilitates resolution of issues surrounding patient care in a
compassionate manner, functioning as a patient advocate.
- Coordinates and ensures reporting of mandated child and elder
abuse/neglect as required by law.
- Ensures advance directives are in place and honored according
to patient wishes.
- Facilitates resource acquisition for the unfunded patient, as
- Patient Education
- Provides education to patient and families around issues
related to adaptation to the patient's diagnosis, illness,
treatment, discharge plan and/or life situation.
- Participates in multi-disciplinary team meetings and provides
leadership in representing the social work perspective.
- Serves as a resource to members of the interdisciplinary team
and patient/family regarding coverage issues, discharge options and
- Documents according to policy.
- Interpersonal Relationships and Job Performance
- Employs a high degree of skill in all oral and written
communications and personal interactions and demonstrates
collaborative working relationships.
- Uses appropriate resources and methods to resolve conflict with
- Meets assigned deadlines and quality standards without reminder
from supervisor or others.
- Maintains a calm, rational, professional demeanor when dealing
with others, even in situations involving conflict or crisis.
- Maintains absolute adherence to hospital and departmental
policies and practices regarding confidentiality and patient's
- Demonstrates knowledge and support of the hospital's mission
- Maintains clinical competency and current knowledge of
regulatory and payer requirements to perform job
- Comply with all applicable state and federal regulations as
well as The Joint Commission requirements regarding the SW
- Acts as resource to staff for issues related to Social Work
- Act as resource to the staff for regulatory issues regarding
the discharge-planning and psychosocial processes.
- Master's degree in Social Work from an accredited
- Current PA Social Work license preferred (LCSW). - Minimum of 2
year's experience working with geriatric population. -
Please complete your application using your full legal name and
-current home address. -Be sure to -include -employment history for
-the past seven (7) years, including your present employer. -
Additionally, you are -encouraged to upload a current resume,
including all work history, education, and/or certifications and
-licenses, if applicable. -It is highly recommended that you create
a profile at the conclusion of submitting your first application.
-Thank you for your interest in St. Luke's!!
Keywords: St. Luke's University Health Network, Bethlehem , Social Worker, Healthcare , Center Valley, Pennsylvania
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!