Administrator - Specialty Hospital - LTACH
Company: Good Shepherd Rehabilitation Network
Posted on: June 25, 2022
The Good Shepherd Specialty Hospital has been helping patients
recover from complex medical conditions and injuries since 2000.
The first long-term acute-care hospital (LTACH) in the region, we
help patients who are too medically fragile to transfer to a
skilled nursing facility, acute rehabilitation hospital or their
home after a hospital stay. In addition to general rehabilitation,
our team is renowned for their expertise in ventilator weaning and
respiratory care.JOB SUMMARY
- Directs health care services by planning, implementing,
controlling, and evaluating health care delivery programs and
- IDENTIFIES PATIENT SERVICE REQUIREMENTS
- By establishing personal rapport with potential and actual
patients and other persons in a position to understand service
- MAINTAINS PATIENT CARE SERVICES
- By identifying markets
- establishing standards
- developing collaboration among medical, nursing, and
- MAINTAINS FISCAL OPERATIONS
- By establishing rates for health care services
- overseeing budget preparation
- conducting cost studies
- scheduling expenditures
- analyzing variances
- initiating corrective actions.
- MAINTAINS BUILDINGS AND EQUIPMENT
- By planning and controlling space allocations, building
additions, and major equipment acquisitions
- overseeing maintenance programs.
- MAINTAINS THE STABILITY AND REPUTATION OF THE HEALTH CARE
- By complying with accreditation requirements
- developing, interpreting, and enforcing hospital policy and
applicable regulations and standards.
- COMPLIES WITH FEDERAL, STATE, AND LOCAL REQUIREMENTS
- By studying existing and new legislation
- anticipating future legislation
- enforcing adherence to requirements
- advising the Senior Vice President, Chief Nursing Officer on
- MAINTAINS HEALTH CARE FACILITY STAFF
- By recruiting, selecting, orienting, and training
- maintaining a safe, secure, and legal work environment
- determining core staffing requirements for departments
- coaching, counseling, and disciplining employees
- planning, monitoring and appraising job results.
- MAINTAINS A COLLABORATIVE WORK ENVIRONMENT
- By fostering a spirit of interdisciplinary cooperation among
clinical services, support and ancillary services, medical staff
- maintains collaboration between entity and parent.
- DEVELOPS HEALTH CARE FACILITY STAFF
- By providing information, educational opportunities, and
experiential growth opportunities.
- MAINTAINS MEDICAL STAFF
- By recruiting physicians, providing support services, and
enforcing policies and procedures.
- MAINTAINS HEALTH CARE FACILITY OPERATIONS
- By initiating, coordinating, and enforcing program,
operational, and personnel policies and procedures.
- REPRESENTS THE HEALTH CARE FACILITY
- By promoting programs, contributing to community programs and
groups, and informing and responding to news media.
- MAINTAINS PROFESSIONAL AND TECHNICAL KNOWLEDGE
- By attending educational workshops, reviewing professional
publications, establishing personal networks, and participating in
- CONTRIBUTES TO TEAM EFFORT
- By accomplishing related results as needed
- follows through on tasks
- responds to requests for assistance
- demonstrates behaviors as defined by the GSSH - A code of
- leads by example.QUALIFICATIONS
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to
perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed
below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability
required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable
individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Bachelor's Degree required
- Master's Degree preferred (MHA or MBA preferred)
- Work Experience
- 5-7 years of progressive supervisory experience, preferably in
an acute healthcare setting, required
Keywords: Good Shepherd Rehabilitation Network, Bethlehem , Administrator - Specialty Hospital - LTACH, Healthcare , Bethlehem, Pennsylvania
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!