Registered Nurse (RN) - FT & PT 2nd & 3rd
Company: PrimeCare Medical, Inc.
Posted on: June 23, 2022
PrimeCare Medical is looking for enthusiastic and hard-working
Registered Nurses (RN) to work in the medical department at the
Monroe County Correctional Facility in Stroudsburg PA. $5,000 Sign
On Bonus for full time employees!In correctional healthcare, nurses
are provided the opportunity to apply their hands-on assessment and
clinical nursing skills on a day-to-day basis.Nurses are involved
in healthcare emergencies, physical health assessments, initial
screenings, medication distribution, nurse sick call, and chronic
care clinics. Nurses will also provide assistance to physicians,
psychiatrists and dentists. Correctional healthcare is similar to
working in an emergency room or a clinic. Each day is both
challenging and rewarding.Job Responsibilities:
- The Registered Nurse will primarily be responsible for ensuring
that the nursing practice complies with established nursing
- Taking vital signs, doing a complete assessment and documenting
findings on dispensary care of all patients housed in the medical
unit and/or mental health unit
- Implementing treatment care plans which promote maintain and
restore the well-being of patients
- Maintaining accurate records of all controlled substances,
narcotics, and sharps in accordance with applicable state and
- Conducting sick call for inmate/patients and provide
provisional diagnosis and treatment for selected minor illnesses
- Ensuring that the proper flow of relevant information
(inmate/patient information, unit problems) is disseminated to
- Observing, reporting, and documenting symptoms, reactions and
progress of inmate/patients and participates in the formulation of
the plan of nursing care
- Providing health counseling to inmates/patients
- Providing other services and performs other duties as assigned
by Nurse Supervisor, Health Services Administrator, head nurse, or
corporate staffThe RN is a fast-paced position, and as such we must
have someone who has the ability to multi-task and has a good grasp
of patient assessment skills. Other requirements include:
- Currently licensed as a Registered Nurse in the state in which
the facility is located.
- Clinical decision-making ability.
- Effective communication skills.
- Ability to function independently and demonstrating clinical
- Ability to gain trust of patients and build a working
relationship.Now is the time to join the exciting and challenging
world of correctional healthcare!
Keywords: PrimeCare Medical, Inc., Bethlehem , Registered Nurse (RN) - FT & PT 2nd & 3rd, Healthcare , Stroudsburg, Pennsylvania
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!