Lab Aide Cytology
Company: St. Luke's University Health Network
Posted on: June 22, 2022
St. Luke's is proud of the skills, experience and compassion of
its employees. The employees of St. Luke's are our most valuable
asset! Individually and together, our employees are dedicated to
satisfying the mission of our organization which is an unwavering
commitment to excellence as we care for the sick and injured;
educate physicians, nurses and other health care providers; and
improve access to care in the communities we serve, regardless of a
patient's ability to pay for health care.Job Description SummaryThe
Lab aide will perform skill-oriented tasks such as preparing
gynocological and non-gyncological specimens and cover slipping in
CytologyJOB DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Accessions gynecologic and - non-gynecologic specimens in the
anatomic pathology computer system.
- Retrieves and corrects discrepant information for gynecologic
and non-gynecologic specimens.
- Prepare non-gynecologic specimens for review by
- Clarifies specimen labeling, identification and order with
nursing units and physician's offices.
- Reports to supervisor/coordinator any discrepant information
regarding patient information and mislabeling.
- Answers phone calls and refers them to supervisor/coordinator
- Maintains clean and organized area.
- Stocks area with essential material needed to perform
- Notifies supervisor/coordinator of low/missing supplies.
- Performs and documents routine maintenance of the automatic
stainer, T2000, and T5000.
- Trouble shoot automatic stainer, T2000, and T5000.
- Coverslips cytology slides via automated coverslipper or
- Files and retrieves cytology slides, blocks, and specimen vials
- Discards gynecologic and n on-gynecologic specimens as needed.
PHYSICAL AND SENSORY REQUIREMENTS: Walking for up to six (6) hours
in half-hour increments. Frequently uses fingers for typing data
entry, and hands for processing specimens which includes twisting
and turning specimen caps. Continuously uses upper extremities for
transporting of specimens up to ten (10) pounds. Occasionally
lifts, pushes or pulls from 26 to 50 pounds. Rarely stoops, bends
or reaches above shoulder level. Hearing as it relates to normal
conversation. Seeing as it relates to general far/near/color
vision, peripheral vision and visual monotony. EDUCATION: - -High
school diploma or equivalent. TRAINING AND EXPERIENCE: - Medical
terminology preferred. - Keyboard skills. - Manual dexterity.Please
complete your application using your full legal name and -current
home address. -Be sure to -include -employment history for -the
past seven (7) years, including your present employer. -
Additionally, you are -encouraged to upload a current resume,
including all work history, education, and/or certifications and
-licenses, if applicable. -It is highly recommended that you create
a profile at the conclusion of submitting your first application.
-Thank you for your interest in St. Luke's!!
Keywords: St. Luke's University Health Network, Bethlehem , Lab Aide Cytology, Healthcare , Bethlehem, Pennsylvania
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!