Social Worker (Palliative Care) MSW Required
Company: St. Luke's University Health Network
Posted on: June 22, 2022
St. Luke's is proud of the skills, experience and compassion of
its employees. The employees of St. Luke's are our most valuable
asset! Individually and together, our employees are dedicated to
satisfying the mission of our organization which is an unwavering
commitment to excellence as we care for the sick and injured;
educate physicians, nurses and other health care providers; and
improve access to care in the communities we serve, regardless of a
patient's ability to pay for health care.The Clinical Social Worker
provides clinical social work, case management and treatment as
appropriate, including assessing, planning, implementing,
coordinating and evaluating health and community related services
to meet the patient's physical, psychosocial, vocational and health
needs in a cost-effective, outcomes-oriented and timely manner. Key
aspects of performance include clinical proficiency and efficacy;
adherence to professional and ethical guidelines; and complete
confidentiality in all activities, verbal and written.
JOB DUTIES, RESPONSIBILITIES AND ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
- Anticipates the needs and coordinates the comprehensive care of
the Palliative Care patient population by maximizing resources to
improve quality of care.
- Provides comprehensive case management services to identified
clients of Palliative Care, with focus on reducing Emergency Room
(ER) utilization and appropriate management of chronic disease
- Assists Patient Care Manager in implementation of Patient
Centered Medical Home model and population health principles to
improve health status of assigned patients.
- Maintains confidentiality of all materials handled within the
Network/ Entity as well as the proper release of information.
- Other duties may include performing assessment, individual,
family and group sessions; crisis intervention as necessary.
- Demonstrates competency in the assessment, range of treatment,
knowledge of growth and development and communication appropriate
to the age of the patient treated.
- Performs intakes, assessments, evaluations and referrals of
assigned clients. Obtain sufficient information during the intake
and evaluation process for diagnostic assessment and planning.
Presents treatment and service plan to clients following the intake
session. Provide the care needed as described in department
policies and procedures.
- Performs appropriate treatment services to assigned clients.
Use interventions with assigned clients, which meet accepted and
current standards of care and reflect consideration of the
treatment plan. May provide crisis management for assigned cases
and is able to provide back up for the program. Maintain amount of
weekly scheduled client hours as required by departmental needs and
- Provides services to adults, adolescents, children, couples and
families, using knowledge and skills necessary to provide care
appropriate to the age of the patient.
- Maintains a dialogue with the behavioral health specialists and
other Center providers to facilitate a team approach in treating
- Participates as a treatment-team member. Attend clinical
supervision meetings and staff meetings as scheduled and come to
meetings prepared. Keep current with professional literature and
trends. Attend at least one professional conference or seminar
- Maintains active communication with identified staff and
agencies that share case involvement when appropriate releases are
- Maintains appropriate records of services rendered to, or on
behalf of, the client populations served. Maintain clinical records
of all client contacts according to QA & I, State and JCAHO
guidelines. Produce an evaluation report which effectively
addresses the reason for referral and reflects the sound
organization and synthesis of fact, impressions and clinical
recommendations. Complete progress notes, reports and
correspondence in a timely manner.
- Exercises appropriate self-management in the performance of all
- Completes client satisfaction tools as required by departmental
- Performs thorough Risk Assessment at intake session and as
needed thereafter. Comply with Network and departmental policies
regarding issues of employee, patient and environmental safety and
follows appropriate reporting requirements.
- Masters degree in social work
- Current or eligible for state licensure/certification as a
clinical social worker
PREFERRED TRAINING AND EXPERIENCE:
- One year social work experience in a health care setting
- Ability to communicate (verbal/written) in both Spanish and
PHYSICAL AND SENSORY REQUIREMENTS: Sit, stand and walk for extended
periods of time. Occasionally may do some light lifting. There is
also the potential for participation in therapeutic recreational
Please complete your application using your full legal name and
-current home address. -Be sure to -include -employment history for
-the past seven (7) years, including your present employer. -
Additionally, you are -encouraged to upload a current resume,
including all work history, education, and/or certifications and
-licenses, if applicable. -It is highly recommended that you create
a profile at the conclusion of submitting your first application.
-Thank you for your interest in St. Luke's!!
Keywords: St. Luke's University Health Network, Bethlehem , Social Worker (Palliative Care) MSW Required, Healthcare , Bethlehem, Pennsylvania
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!