Nurse Aide/Unit Clerk, Pediatrics (Full Time Nights)
Company: St. Luke's University Health Network
Posted on: June 21, 2022
St. Luke's is proud of the skills, experience and compassion of
its employees. The employees of St. Luke's are our most valuable
asset! Individually and together, our employees are dedicated to
satisfying the mission of our organization which is an unwavering
commitment to excellence as we care for the sick and injured;
educate physicians, nurses and other health care providers; and
improve access to care in the communities we serve, regardless of a
patient's ability to pay for health care.The Nurse Aide/Unit Clerk
is responsible for providing direct and indirect patient care for
patients across their life span. The Nurse Aide/Unit Clerk works
cooperatively under the direction of an RN or LPN and consistent
with hospital policy, the hospital Mission Statement, and the
Philosophy of the Department of Nursing. The Nurse Aide/Unit Clerk
is also responsible for clerical duties within the department as
assigned. JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Performs clinical procedures within scope of practice.
- Performs the following tasks as assigned: - Vital signs and
weights, -Intake and output measurements, -Ambulating patients,
-Glucometry, -Phlebotomy, -EKG, Specimen collection, Completion of
- Follows treatment plan as directed by licensed personnel.
- Assists in the admission, discharge and transfer of
- Performs necessary functions to ensure patient comfort and
satisfaction with service.
- Performs out of bed/back to bed as appropriate.
- Observes and reports changes in the patient's health status to
appropriate licensed care giver.
- Follows established procedures and safety precautions while
transporting patients and specimens, as needed.
- Assists the professional nurse with patient related
- Performs 1:1 watches as assigned.
- Maintains patient's room in neat, orderly manner.
- Accepts responsibility for providing safe, appropriate, quality
- Communicates changes in patients' conditions and unit concerns
with the unit-based team.
- Restocks unit supplies as needed.
- Answers patient and visitor inquiries.
- Performs patient related clerical duties, including unit
statistics, manuals, logs, transcribing orders and entering patient
- Assembles, analyzes and maintains order for patient's records
in chart order per policy.
- Demonstrates ability to accurately use computer system.
- Maintains inventory of unit supplies and maintains a clean,
- Demonstrates an awareness of unit budget.
- Contributes to collection of accurate information for each
patient assigned to his/her care.
- Functions as a role model and resource person providing
guidance to co-workers.
- Recognizes the value of continued educational growth and
development as related to their job responsibilities.
- Participates in identifying unit needs and supports unit goals
- Complies with established chain of command for work related
- Demonstrates the responsibility in meeting hospital and nursing
department personnel standards. PHYSICAL AND SENSORY REQUIREMENTS:
Sitting - up to 2 hours per day, 1 hour at a time. - Standing for
up to 8 hours per day, 4 hours at a time. - Walk 6 hours per day;
10 minutes at a time. - Consistently lift, carry and push object up
to 75 lbs. - Transport patients weighing up to 400 lbs. via
wheelchair, bed and/or stretcher with assistance when appropriate.
- Consistently pull up to 10 lbs. - Frequently pull up to 250 lbs.
with assistance when appropriate. - Frequently stoop, bend, crouch,
kneel, climb and reach above shoulder level. - Occasional crawling.
- Must be able to perceive attributes of an object through touch. -
Frequently finger and handle objects. - Occasionally firmly grasp,
twist and turn objects with hands and fingers. - Must be able to
hear as it relates to normal conversation, and high and low
frequencies. - Must be able to see as it relates to general, near,
far, color and peripheral vision, depth perception, and visual
monotony, (e.g. computer screen). EDUCATION: High school graduate
or equivalent preferred. TRAINING AND EXPERIENCE: Evidence of
successful completion of BLS upon hire or provided as part of
orientation process. - Evidence of previous training determined
through on-the-job written and clinical skills competency
evaluation. WORK SCHEDULE: Full time nights, as scheduled. 40 hours
per week. Weekend and holiday requirements.Please complete your
application using your full legal name and -current home address.
-Be sure to -include -employment history for -the past seven (7)
years, including your present employer. - Additionally, you are
-encouraged to upload a current resume, including all work history,
education, and/or certifications and -licenses, if applicable. -It
is highly recommended that you create a profile at the conclusion
of submitting your first application. -Thank you for your interest
in St. Luke's!!
Keywords: St. Luke's University Health Network, Bethlehem , Nurse Aide/Unit Clerk, Pediatrics (Full Time Nights), Healthcare , Bethlehem, Pennsylvania
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!