Company: PLEASANT VALLEY MANOR
Posted on: January 15, 2022
IMMEDIATE OPENINGS AVAILABLE – ALL SHIFTS
Job Title: Registered Nurse, RN
Job Type: Full-time and Part-Time- Full-time 3:00pm-11:00pm-
Full-time 11:00pm-7:00am- Part-time 7:00am-3:00pm- Part-time
3:00pm-11:00pm- Part-time 11:00pm-7:00am
Don't just take a job – join a caring and supportive team! We are
actively seeking a Registered Nurse for a full-time role. As a
Registered Nurse, you will be responsible for providing a continuum
of quality care in order to maintain an environment that provides
for the needs of all residents and impacts patient
If you are a natural caregiver who enjoys working in a
team-oriented environment, and is committed to clinical excellence
and making a difference in the lives of seniors and their families,
then you'll fit right into our diverse, dynamic, and fun-loving
culture where everyone is treated with respect and recognized for
their efforts. We have a winning total rewards package for the
right individual that includes competitive compensation, generous
PTO, and immediate medical benefits.
Heroes work here! Pleasant Valley Manor is a premier non-profit
long-term care facility located in the idyllic foothills of the
Pocono Mountains near Stroudsburg, PA, with caring roots in our
community since 1974, delivering unparalleled quality and
compassionate resident care with a focus on individual resident
needs and delivering positive outcomes for residents and their
Duties and Responsibilities:
Daily duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to,
- Demonstrates expert knowledge, sound clinical judgment, and
leadership in resident care using established nursing processes and
protocols. Ensure implementation of care plan to address specific
resident care issues.
- Identifies nursing diagnosis, clinical programs, and related
interventions. Administers and documents medication, changes wound
dressings, and provides care for other treatment options. Draws
blood for lab work as required.
- Performs physical examinations and diagnostic tests. Collects
patient health history, observes and records patient behavior, and
promptly report changes in condition. Assists with charting,
including summaries, MDS, etc, and maintains accurate and complete
health care records.
- Collaborates with Unit Manager to develop and implement Nursing
Service and care plan objectives. Assists attending physician, as
required. Provides input for resident assessments and resident care
- Oversees LPNs and CNAs assigned to same shift. Assists with
work schedules, and planning and implementing work assignments for
- Maintains responsibility and accountability for assigned areas
- Assists with onboarding new hires. Observes and records
progress and makes recommendations to Director of Nursing.
- Ensures compliance with all applicable Federal, State, and
nursing laws, regulations, internal company policies, and
- Maintains adequate inventory of supplies and insures proper
operation of equipment.
- Assists with and monitors resident mealtimes.
- Confers and consults with residents' families and visitors, as
needed. Assists with counseling and educating patients and their
families on treatment plans.
- Degree in Nursing from an accredited program.
- A valid and current Pennsylvania RN license in good
- 1 years' experience in a clinical/healthcare setting preferred,
but not required.
- Must be able to write, speak, and understand the English
- Excellent organizational skills.
- A kind, compassionate, considerate, and non-judgmental
- Ability to work in a strong team-oriented environment.
- Ability to make independent decisions when circumstances
- Excellent communication skills and ability to professionally
interact well with patients, coworkers, and doctors.
- Ability to deal tactfully with personnel, residents, family
members, visitors, government agencies/personnel, and the general
- Excellent leadership and supervisory skills.
- Excellent knowledge of applicable Federal and State
- Patience, tact, enthusiasm, a cheerful disposition, and
willingness to handle difficult residents.
- Ability to cope with anxiety, misunderstandings, and help to
make good decisions.
- Ability to relate to, work with, and empathize with an ill,
disabled, emotionally upset, and sometimes hostile elderly resident
- Willingness to seek out new methods and principles and be
willing to incorporate them into existing nursing
- Excellent analytical and situational judgment skills, and an
ability to take the right actions according to the
- A dedication to continuing personal improvement and career
- Strong commitment to the quality of life of our
- Stamina, strength, and ability to spend long hours on your
- Available to work weekends and holidays.
What we offer: We have a winning total rewards package for the
right individual that includes:
- Competitive Pay
- Immediate Medical, Dental, and Vision Benefits
- Short- and Long-Term Disability
- Life Insurance
- 401(k) Retirement Plan & 401(k) Matching Contributions
- Employee Referral Bonuses
- Bonus Pay
- Shift Differentials
- Paid Holidays
- Paid Vacation Time
- Paid Sick Time
- Advancement Opportunities
- Tuition Reimbursement
Pleasant Valley Manor is a proud Equal Opportunity Employer. We do
not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender,
sexual orientation, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or
mental disability, veteran status, or any other state and federally
As we navigate the COVID crisis, Pleasant Valley Manor continues to
observe CDC guidelines and takes every precautionary measure to
ensure potential candidates, our staff, and our residents remain
Keywords: PLEASANT VALLEY MANOR, Bethlehem , RN Supervisor, Healthcare , Stroudsburg, Pennsylvania
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!