RN Unit Manager
Company: PLEASANT VALLEY MANOR
Posted on: January 15, 2022
Don't just take a job – join a caring and supportive team! We
are actively seeking an RN Unit Manager for a full-time role. As a
Unit Manager, you will lead, collaborative with, and motivate a
diverse team of nurses and support staff on your unit, and ensure
their duties and responsibilities are carried out in a timely and
acceptable manner, according to company procedures and standards,
to assure personalized and hospitable quality care and essential
services to our patients and resident population. This is an
essential employee position that is vital to maintaining the
quality of care given to our patients and resident population.
If you are a patient and positive leader who's a compassionate and
friendly caregiver committed to achieving positive clinical
outcomes that create meaningful differences in the lives of
seniors, patients, and their families, then you'll fit right into
our diverse and fun-loving culture where everyone is treated with
respect and recognized for their efforts. We have a winning total
rewards package for the right individual that includes competitive
compensation, generous PTO, and immediate medical benefits.
Caring is our calling! Pleasant Valley Manor is Monroe County's
premier non-profit long-term care and skilled nursing facility near
Stroudsburg, PA, with roots in our community since 1974, delivering
unparalleled quality and compassionate resident care with a focus
on individual resident needs and delivering positive outcomes for
residents and their families.
A day in the life of an RN Unit Manager includes, but is not
limited to, the following duties and responsibilities:
· Oversees day-to-day patient care. Makes daily rounds on resident
units, reviews all 24-hour reports, visits with residents, and
monitors and reports on changes in the condition of residents.
· Establishes objectives, goals and priorities for residents and
patients, nurse staff education, and organizational objectives.
Actively responds to consults, assesses residents and patients, and
offers recommendations for continued treatment.
· Leads, inspires, develops, and motivates nurse staff to provide
exceptional care and ensures the health, welfare, continuity of
care, and safety needs of the residents are met.
· Oversees and supervises care delivery systems to ensure accuracy
and consistency. Monitors patient medications, treatment, and
therapies for quality assurance and compliance with local, state,
and federal regulations.
· Recognizes and assist in solving clinical and administrative
· Manages and oversees the coordination of all personnel and
professional services on the unit. Reviews, evaluates, and
discusses employee grievances with the Director and Assistant
Director of Nursing.
· Enforces the staff schedule, observes the labor budget as it
relates to scheduling, and enforces company policy. Assures nursing
policy standards compliance for all personnel on the unit.
· Provides clinical expertise in medical, behavioral, and crisis
· Coordinates and collaborates with other managers, supervisors,
RNs, LPNs, and the Director and Assistant Director of Nursing to
accomplish facility and patient-care goals, and implements nursing
· Audits residents' medical records and assists with charting.
· Assists with development of and implements on-the-job training,
onboarding, and education programs, and reports any changes to the
Director of Nursing and Assistant Director of Nursing.
· Assists with mealtimes as necessary. Assists with in-service
training, as required and necessary.
· Actively listens and communicates with residents and their
families to address care-related concerns with a cheerful and
pleasant disposition, using tact and understanding when dealing
with difficult situations. Maintains a liaison with residents and
their families, support departments, and other entities to
adequately plan for residents' needs.
· Ensures compliance with all applicable Federal and State
regulations and internal policies and procedures.
· Ensures infection control policies and procedures are
· Assists with continuous Quality Improvement monitoring.
· Assists with performance evaluations.
· Graduate of approved Registered Nurse program, or accredited
college or university.
· Minimum 1 year experience in a Management role in acute care or
long-term care, or other related health care facility.
· Current and unencumbered Registered Nurse license.
· Must be able to read, write, understand, and communicate in the
· Temporary scheduling measures are in place: Due to the
unprecedented nurse shortage and the COVID crisis, the ideal
candidate will have the flexibility to occasionally work beyond
his/her regularly scheduled work hours and be able to fill in when
· Weekend on-call rotation.
· Competitive Pay
· Immediate Medical, Dental, and Vision Benefits
· 401(k) & 401(k) Matching Contributions
· Generous Shift Differentials
· Long-Term Disability
· Basic Life Insurance
· Referral Program
· Employee Assistance Program
· Paid Vacation Time
· Paid Sick Time
· Paid Holidays
· Tuition Reimbursement
· Professional Development Assistance
· Temperature screenings.
· COVID testing.
· PPE required and provided.
· Social distancing guidelines in place.
· Escalated sanitizing, disinfecting, and cleaning measures.
Pleasant Valley Manor is a proud Equal Opportunity Employer. We do
not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender,
sexual orientation, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or
mental disability, veteran status, or any other state and federal
For questions, please call (570) 402-4271
Keywords: PLEASANT VALLEY MANOR, Bethlehem , RN Unit Manager, Healthcare , Stroudsburg, Pennsylvania
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!