Dermatology Clinical Assistant/Certified Medical Assistant
Company: St. Luke's University Health Network
Posted on: November 17, 2021
St. Luke's is proud of the skills, experience and compassion of
its employees. The employees of St. Luke's are our most valuable
asset! Individually and together, our employees are dedicated to
satisfying the mission of our organization which is an unwavering
commitment to excellence as we care for the sick and injured;
educate physicians, nurses and other health care providers; and
improve access to care in the communities we serve, regardless of a
patient's ability to pay for health care.The Clinical Assistant
Dermatology will exude exceptional internal and external customer
service, excellent organizational skills, strong teamwork, and
dedication to providing a superior patient experience and clinical
quality. The Dermatology Clinical Assistant will master the entire
patient process through check-in, patient rooming, scribing,
check-out, and patient navigation. JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Core Front Office Functions:
- Actively participates in maintaining and/or improving quality
improvement initiatives regarding Physician Billing computer system
and patient satisfaction survey.
- Maintain high level of competence on Physician Billing computer
- Maintain patient and physician office schedules.
- Answer telephones within three rings, prioritize calls and
coordinate service with the answering service.
- Establish and maintain accurate patient records and record
- Receive/transfer patient records with required records
- Types, files and distributes correspondence as directed.
- Collect and process payments at time of service.
- Coordinate as necessary with billing office.
- Core Clinical and In-Room Assistant Functions:
- Conducts pre-visit planning by reviewing and updating the
patient's medical record prior to the appointment with recent test
results and correspondence and determines needed services per
- Confers with the physician, NP or PA regarding any incomplete
patient tests/consults or other incomplete orders to the patient
- Prepares patients for the examination and treatment by
escorting them from the reception area to the exam room prior to
the provider entering the exam room.
- Height, weight and vital signs
- Update medication list
- Update allergies in record
- Update personal, family and social history
- Inquire about smoking status
- Obtains the Chief Complaint for the visit
- Perform provider documentation of patient information,
following all guidelines for documentation and billing following
- Demonstrates skill in documenting and maintaining patient care
records in a complete, thorough, and timely manner. -
- Enter provider orders in EMR per physician instruction
- Clarifies and corrects any documentation under the direction of
the provider. -
- Completes all documentation real time and within the same date
of service -
- Communicate to provider when chart is complete and ready for
review and sign off. -
- Provides other patient care services as needed/directed:
- Keeps exam rooms clean
- Maintaining clinical supplies in exam rooms
- Cleans and autoclaves contaminated instruments
- Disposes of Bio-Hazardous waste and regular waste per practice
- Assist with in-room procedures
- Patient and family education
- Maintains supplies:
- Medical supplies
- Disposing of expired Sample medication
- As appropriate:
- Assists with scheduling outpatient testing
- Pre-certifying patients for procedures and referral
- Responds to patient communications within practice
- Refill medications per practice protocol.
- Communicates and Coordinates with providers or Care
- Hospital discharge
- ED visits
- Consulting physicians
- Community resources
- Disease management
- Patient Self-management
- Individualized patient care plan
- Follow-up contact with patient as indicated to ensure
compliance with recommendations, medications, labs or other testing
as well as specialist visits.
- Open/close office as required.
- Work with Physicians to create efficient office
- Demonstrates ability to prepare for surgical procedures
including confirming supplies, equipment and appropriate
- Prepares sterile tables with efficiency and accuracy in an
organized and consistent manner including ensuring instruments are
in safe working condition.
- Demonstrates participation of surgical team duties from
turnover between cases to daily operational assignments.
- Demonstrates ability to use knowledge of procedures to
anticipate needs of the surgical team from draping to closure.
- Maintains highest standard of sterile technique and attentive
to members of the team.
- Handles surgical specimens in safe, appropriate manner per
appropriate handling policies.
- Demonstrates ability to follows appropriate process for
handling surgical instruments/drills/equipment -in appropriate
- Works collaboratively with RN and members of the surgical team
to meet highest level of compliance in quality metrics and
successful patient outcomes.
- Demonstrates knowledge of ethical care, patients' rights and
supports culture of safety through verbalization of safety
- Other related duties as assigned. ---PHYSICAL AND SENSORY
REQUIREMENTS: Requires sitting, standing and walking for extended
periods of time (up to 8 hours at time). Requires continual use of
fingers for patient care, writing and computer entry. Routinely
uses upper extremities; occasional requirement to lift up to 25
pounds. Occasionally push cart with supplies up to 30 pounds.
Occasionally push wheelchair with patient weighing up to 325
pounds. Regularly requires ability to stoop, bend and reach above
shoulder level. Requires ability to hear normal conversation and
good general, near and peripheral vision. EDUCATION: Graduate of
accredited Medical Assistant program, licensed practical nurse, or
surgical technician with two years of office experience. TRAINING
AND EXPERIENCE:Two years office experience in a similar setting
preferred. Current CPR required. Please complete your application
using your full legal name and -current home address. -Be sure to
-include -employment history for -the past seven (7) years,
including your present employer. - Additionally, you are
-encouraged to upload a current resume, including all work history,
education, and/or certifications and -licenses, if applicable. -It
is highly recommended that you create a profile at the conclusion
of submitting your first application. -Thank you for your interest
in St. Luke's!!
Keywords: St. Luke's University Health Network, Bethlehem , Dermatology Clinical Assistant/Certified Medical Assistant, Healthcare , Washington, Pennsylvania
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!