Company: Platinum Business Corporation
Posted on: February 22, 2021
Career Opportunities with Platinum Business Corporation A great
place to work. Careers At Platinum Business Corporation Client
Share with friends or Subscribe! Current job opportunities are
posted here as they become available. Subscribe to our RSS feeds to
receive instant updates as new positions become available.
Outstanding--Nurse Practitioner, Women's Health--Opportunity at
Langley AFB, VA! Come Join Our Team of exceptional health care
providers at--Langley AFB, VAand experience immense pride others
have discovered in caring for our Military Members, their Families
and Retired Military Veterans! * Full Time Position Day Shift,
Monday - Friday! * Annual CME Stipend! * Malpractice Insurance
- Degree:Master's degree in nursing.Additional Education: Masters
Degree from an approved OB/GYN or women's health nurse practitioner
- Education: Graduate from an academic program, within the
nursing specialty field of study that is accredited by a regional
or national nursing accrediting agency recognized by the
Accreditation Commission for Education in Nursing (ACEN) or the
Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (CCNE).
- Experience: Minimum of 24 months within the past 36 months of
clinical practice experience
- Licensure: 1) Possess current unrestricted license to practice
as a Family Nurse Practitioner, FNP in one of the fifty states, the
District of Columbia, the Commonwealth of Puerto Rico, Guam, or the
U.S. Virgin Islands.
- Board Certification: Certified in the specialty required by the
TO as a Nurse Practitioner by the American Nurses Credentialing
Center (ANCC), American Academy of Nurse Practitioners (AANP) or
the recognized national nursing certification organization for the
specialty area of practice as appropriate (for example, National
Certification Board of Pediatric Nurse Practitioners and Nurses,
American Nurses Association, National Certification Corporation for
the Obstetric, Gynecologic and Neonatal Specialties).
- Additional Certification: Women's Health Nurse Practitioner
certification with the National Certification Corporation (NCC) for
Obstetrics, Gynecologic, and Neonatal Nursing Specialties
- Life Support Certifications: Possess and maintain a current
American Heart Association BLS Healthcare Provider certification, *
Must be a U.S citizen and have the ability to pass a background
check/security clearance. DUTIES: The duties include but are not
limited to the following:
- Provide a full range of outcome-based nurse practitioner
services in accordance with privileges granted by the MTF (e.g.,
supervise and provide general screening and medical care and
examinations of patients for routine, acute and chronic conditions
involving any and all organ systems; provide immunizations;
diagnose, treat, and counsel patients as indicated).
- Technically direct and teach other staff, provide
evidenced-based educational lectures and participate in in-service
training to staff members.
- Diagnose and treat patients with common acute conditions,
chronic illnesses, or minor trauma within accepted protocols,
clinical practice guidelines, Nurse Practice Acts, and/or in
consultation with a physician.
- Promote preventive care and health maintenance including annual
physicals, positive health behaviors and self-care through both
formal and individual education and counseling.
- Communicate and collaborate with a diverse group of people for
the purpose of informing the healthcare team of plans/actions, for
teaching/education to benefit the patient/family and
- Recognize conditions that require isolation and ensure
universal precautions are used in all patient encounters.
- Attend staff meetings to provide case discussion, continuing
education, and continuous quality improvement and safety.
- Obtain and document a relevant health history, including a
comprehensive obstetric and gynecologic history, with emphasis on
- Perform and document complete, system, or symptom-directed
physical examinations on women, including gynecologic
conditions/needs that include, but are not limited to, benign and
malignant gynecologic conditions, contraception, sexually
transmitted infections, infertility,
perimenopause/menopause/postmenopause and other gender-specific
- Identify gynecologic deviations from normal, formulate a
diagnosis, collaborate, and/or refer as necessary.
- Order screening and diagnostic procedures and interpret test
results, including, but not limited to, ultrasound and mammography
as well as age-appropriate primary care screens.
- Perform and interpret screening and diagnostic procedures,
including, but not limited to, cervical cytologic screening,
microscopy, endometrial biopsies, colposcopy, and intrauterine
device (IUD) insertion.
- Prescribe therapies, including medications, considering
pregnancy and lactation status, sociocultural background, and
- Request consultation or referral with appropriate physicians,
clinics, or other health resources as indicated.
- Provide health promotion and disease prevention services to
women across the life cycle, taking into account age, developmental
status, disability, culture, ethnicity, sexual orientation,
spiritual/religious affiliation, and lifestyle and psychosocial
- Ensure compliance with standards of care and practice in
accordance with all established policies, procedures, and
guidelines used in the medical treatment facility. Provides care
within ethical and legal boundaries.
- Effectively communicate and collaborate with a diverse group of
people for the purpose of informing the healthcare team of
plans/actions, for teaching/education to benefit the patient/family
- Complete orientation and competency verification programs in
accordance with (IAW) unit guidelines.
- Participate in the orientation and training of newly assigned
personnel, as appropriate.
- Serve and participate in committees, functions and other
meetings as directed. Provide relevant and timely information to
these groups, and assists with decision- making and process
improvement. Participate in customer service initiatives, and
medical readiness activities designed to enhance health
- Ensure a safe work environment, employee safe work habits and
patient safety IAW regulatory agencies, infection control policies,
and process improvement initiatives STAFFING & SCHEDULING: *
Scheduling: The performance hours of the MTF are as follows:
Mon-Fri 0730-1630 for 8 hrs, w/ a 1 hr lunch break. The schedule or
scheduling process is as follows: HCW will be coordinated between
the HCW and the FRED and/or Fl CC. HCW must have permission in
writing from the FRED and/or Fl CC prior to adjusted duty hours.
Schedule adjustments are subject to mission availability. * Place
of Performance: The work to be performed under this contract will
be at 633d Medical Group at Langley AFB Women's Health Clinic. HCWs
shall receive notification 20 calendar days prior to the
reassignment to another location with a 40-mile commuting radius of
their assigned MTF. COMPANY DESCRIPTION: Platinum Business
Corporation--provides experienced and committed health care
personnel and related health care services to the federal
government and private industry.
Keywords: Platinum Business Corporation, Bethlehem , Nurse Practitioner, Healthcare , Hampton, Pennsylvania
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!