Co-Occurring Therapist (CADC/CAADC)
Posted on: May 22, 2020
Merakey is currently seeking a Co-Occurring Therapist to join
our Community Treatment Team
Merakey is a leading developmental, behavioral health and education
provider offering a breadth of integrated services to individuals
and communities across the country.
We leverage our size and expertise to develop innovative solutions
and new models of care to meet the needs of individuals, their
families, public and private healthcare funders and community
We recognize that complex needs require a holistic approach. With
our experience, expertise and compassion, we empower everyone
within our communities to reach their fullest potential.
With a rich tradition spanning 50 years with nearly 10,000
employees, Merakey, formerly NHS, provides care to over 40,000
adults and children throughout Pennsylvania, New Jersey, New York,
Maryland, Delaware, Louisiana, Michigan and Tennessee.
WHAT MERAKEY HAS TO OFFER
- The stability that comes with working for a national leader
providing education and human services to individuals with special
- Highly competitive compensation plans
- Career advancement opportunities in a rapidly growing
- Benefits for all employees including marketplace savings
program (discounts on cell phone plans, shopping, travel and more);
Wellness programs (including discounted gym memberships, mail order
prescription plans); legal and financial services; 24-hour nurse
hotline; life/disability coverage; and Employee Assistance
- Benefits for qualifying employees including medical, dental &
vision coverage; flexible spending account; 403B retirement plan
with company contribution
- Generous PTO plans including vacation, sick, and holiday pay
for qualifying employees
Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following.
- Consult with Psychiatrist and Primary Care Physicians on the
effects of addiction on mental and physical health, and assist in
determining appropriate course of treatment for individuals with
- Consult on the appropriate prescription of medications to
individuals with substance abuse disorders.
- Collaborate with the registered nurses in assessment of
individual's physical health, making appropriate referrals to
community physicians for further assessment and treatment, and in
coordination of medical, psychiatric and substance abuse
- Provide ongoing support, as well as counseling and education to
team members, individuals and family members of individuals to help
them become more knowledgeable about substance abuse
- Submit written reports and oral testimony and presentation of
opinion in commitment and other legal proceedings as
- Attend organizational staff meetings and treatment planning
meetings as requested to assess patient status and progress, to
coordinate treatment activities and to develop treatment solutions
in support of CTT staff.
- Assist with staff training and education as necessary.
- Assist in establishing community relationships and linkages to
community supports in enhancement of the CTT program.
Rate of pay: $45,926 Annually + Additional Incentives and Mileage
In addition to completing your application, please feel free to
email your resume directly to our recruiter at
MERAKEY is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer!
Master's degree in human services/related field and 2 to 3 years
experience working with individuals with co-occurring substance
abuse/mental health disorders required. Certified Alcohol and Drug
Counselor (CADC) or CAADC Certification is REQUIRED.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected
Keywords: Merakey, Bethlehem , Co-Occurring Therapist (CADC/CAADC), Healthcare , Bethlehem, Pennsylvania
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!