Residential Psychiatric Rehabilitation Counselor 2 (Forensic)
Company: STEP BY STEP
Posted on: May 18, 2020
Must be willing and able to work overtime, weekends, holidays,
days and evening shifts. Flexibility is a must. On call
responsibilities. This position mandates various shift assignments,
operating on a 24 hour a day, seven days per week schedule where
employees are subject to both voluntary and involuntary overtime.
- Role models and implements psycho-social rehabilitation
philosophy and principles while assisting individuals in their
recovery inclusive of reestablishing roles in the community,
developing support networks and increasing quality of life.
- Develops skill related goals in socialization, vocational,
self-determination, ADL's and disability management.
- Develops, coordinates, and monitors housekeeping schedules with
individuals receiving services and staff.
- Coordinates and assists during all mealtime activities.
- Facilitates individual's involvement with maintaining
- Coordinates creative approaches to skills acquisitions for
- Ensures the cleanliness and safety of the site, inside and
outside, while assisting and teaching the individuals.
- Accurately follows through with all required documentation
including, but not limited to, DPN's, staff communication log, case
notes, incident reports, assessments and goal plans, and progress
- Recognizes, appreciates and incorporates the individual's
culture into the rehabilitative plan to promote recovery.
- Plans, implements and coordinates creative activities for
individuals as an alternative form of expression, socialization,
recreation and emotional release.
- Plans, implements, and coordinates individual and group
activities for on-site and off-site recreation and socialization
that is age appropriate for individuals.
- Develops and updates comprehensive, insightful treatment plans
with long- and short-term goals based on level of functioning and
- Teaches problem-solving, goal-setting, social skills,
communication skills, money management and accessing community
- Provides individual counseling and family involvement as
necessary with an emphasis on elimination of criminal recidivism
and substance use.
- Provides random and "for suspicion" D&A screens and reviews
all testing results.
- Facilitates relapse prevention and psycho-educational groups
weekly using SAMSHA evidence-based models.
- Hosts self-help groups for co-occurring disorders. MINIMUM
- Master's degree or higher in a generally recognized clinical
discipline and 1 year of mental health clinical experience.
- Must be registered, licensed or certified to practice in his
profession, if that profession is governed by a licensing board in
Keywords: STEP BY STEP, Bethlehem , Residential Psychiatric Rehabilitation Counselor 2 (Forensic), Healthcare , Bethlehem, Pennsylvania
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!