Director of Manufacturing
Company: Minerals Technologies
Posted on: September 14, 2018
Minerals Technologies Inc. is a $1.6 billion minerals-based company with 3,600 employees and global reach through operations in 35 countries. MTI is a leader in minerals-based technology, and the world leader in precipitated calcium carbonate and bentonite. MTI's growth strategies include expanding its technologies geographically, developing and launching innovative new products worldwide, and acquisitions. Are you ready to launch your career with us?
CETCO (Colloid Environmental Technologies Company), a division of Minerals Technologies Inc., is seeking a Director of Manufacturing. The Director, Manufacturing is responsible for the overall manufacturing for the assigned plants, including P&L, capital expenditure projects, budgeting, supervisor development and leadership. In addition, the Director plays a leadership role in supporting and achieving strategic goals and objectives in the areas of safety, LEAN manufacturing, strategic planning and automation. The Director, Manufacturing is also responsible for the worldwide achievement of operational excellences for the operations organization. Primary Duties & Responsibilities The Director, Manufacturing responsibilities include:
- Directs and develops operations and manufacturing plant managers.
- Demonstrates and leads the business in the MTI Values and Transformational Rules for Leaders, as well as the Key Initiative areas of Safety/EHS, Operational Excellence, Expense Reduction and Technology & Innovation.
- Leads deployment of Operational Excellence, including lean manufacturing and Toyota Production System principles, safety, quality, cost reduction, on-time delivery, and customer satisfaction.
- Provides leadership for employee relations through effective communications, coaching, training and development.
- Leads cross-functional teams that are responsible for meeting customer requirements/service.
- Ensures sufficient capacity is available within the business to carry out the objectives and delivery of products and services as agreed to with the customer or projected under the operating plan.
- Manages manufacturing needs for capital investments and improvement projects.
- Monitors corrective actions
- Ensure each area is improving efficiency/service by analyzing corrective actions and enhancing solutions
- Resolve problems by adjusting priorities, schedules and reassigning manpower where practical and when necessary. Implements continuous improvement programs through the development of benchmarking and best practices throughout the worldwide operations group.
- Provides a high level of technical expertise in state-of-the art manufacturing techniques and technology.
- Ensures that purchasing initiatives are coordinated and optimized, particularly as it relates to raw material sourcing, and supply chain is streamlined on a worldwide basis.
- Ensures cost control and productivity management.
- Interfaces with Sales, Business Development and Research and Development.
- Coordinates and assists in the introduction of new products and/or technology.
- Provides operational control over global operations and P&L responsibility.
- Keeps current with latest technological and new product development in Research and Development and evaluates their introduction into plants.
- Coordinates the introduction of new technology or products with Research and Operations Managers. OE/Lean
Responsible for worldwide achievement of Operational Excellence throughout operations organization. Actively participates in the implementation of sustainable improvement processes, such as 5S, Kaizen, Daily Management Control, Standard Work and Problem Solving.
Knowledge: A bachelor's degree in a technical discipline. An MBA is a plus. Ten+ years of manufacturing experience at the plant location and divisional or corporate headquarters. 3+ years of multi-site, multi-regional experience. Previous experience in continuous processing operations, particularly chemicals or industrial minerals is preferred.
Skills & Abilities: Strong leadership, management, interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills. Strong presentation skills, particularly with senior management. Must be highly proficient with lean manufacturing principles and methods. Strong analytical, planning, problem solving and decision making skills. Must be very assertive. Must have the ability to work effectively with different cultures and business climates. Must be able to work well across reporting relationships, geographies and functions, in a matrix arrangement (across solid and dotted lines).
Physical & Mental: Ability to travel sometimes frequently and/or for extended periods by air and car globally. Ability to operate a computer. Ability to lift 50 lbs. Ability to climb stairs and/or ladders. Ability to tolerate and negotiate movement through plant environments.
General: Will be required to travel globally - on a regular basis. Must be willing to work diligently during peak work periods, e.g., budgets/plans, ends of quarters, close periods, acquisitions, etc. Working Relationships Internal: The employee is a member of the Business Unit Management Team, and works across the business unit at all levels to interface with various issues. External: Customers and suppliers.
Keywords: Minerals Technologies, Bethlehem , Director of Manufacturing, Executive , Bethlehem, Pennsylvania
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!