Aquatic Facilities and Program Manager
Company: PERKASIE BOROUGH
Posted on: January 23, 2023
Perkasie Borough is seeking a full-time Aquatic Facilities and
This position manages all aspects of the Menlo Aquatics Center
including satellite wading pool facility located within Perkasie
Borough. This includes all facility operations for the pool and
bathhouse as well as employee and patron management, supervision,
and safety, and the organization and implementation of all programs
and events held at the pool. The Aquatic Facilities & Program
Manager will report directly to the Parks and Recreation Director.
- Assist Park and Recreation Director with the hiring,
management, and evaluation of all Menlo Aquatics Center staff.
- Manage quality control program for all part time and seasonal
staff, ensuring that all certifications are current, all policies
and procedures are properly followed, organizing multiple year
around staff trainings, and scheduling proper staffing
- Oversee daily operations of facility including pump room
mechanics, water chemistry, and facility cleanliness with the
assistance of Public Works.
- Inspect all pools and equipment through visual and physical
inspections for safety, -aesthetic quality, and chemical
- Planning and implementing of all special events, aquatics
programming, and birthday party packages.
- Create partnerships and work cooperatively with outside
organizations to offer new services, programs, or rentals.
- Oversee the submittal of payroll for all staff, inventory, and
all end of day financial reporting.
- Provide Park and Recreation Director recommendations for the
purchasing of maintenance and first aid supplies while being
mindful of Borough purchasing policies and approved
- Social media marketing to be utilized year around -
- Create and implement long term facility maintenance plans,
emergency action plans, and employee handbooks
- Solve grievances and/or disciplinary cases involving patrons
and communicate escalated issues appropriately to the Parks and
- Solve grievances and/or disciplinary cases involving staff with
the assistance of the Parks and Recreation Director.
- Provide the Parks and Recreation Director with reports and
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Five years' experience directly related to the duties and
responsibilities listed above with at least two years' experience
in aquatics. -
- Comfortable handling pool related chemicals and pump room
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills and the ability
to work effectively with a wide range of constituencies in a
- Knowledge of federal, state, and local regulations, policies,
and guidelines for the operation of public swimming pools and
- Ability to make administrative/procedural decisions and
judgements in particularly related to staff and patron
- Knowledge of and practice all labor laws as they pertain to the
Menlo Aquatics Center staff.
- Available Memorial Day to Labor Day including some evenings,
weekends, and holidays.
- Ability to lift at least 50lbs.
- Ability to stand and/or walk for at least 8 hours.
- Ability to drive a vehicle.
- Professional, organized, and able to work independently.
- American Red Cross Lifeguard preferred
- American Red Cross Lifeguard Instructor preferred
- Certified Pool Operator or ability to obtain before the start
- Pennsylvania Certified Pesticide Applicator License or ability
to obtain before the start of season
Interested parties should submit cover letter, resume, and salary
expectations to: -
Attn: Parks and Recreation Director -
620 W. Chestnut Street
Perkasie, PA 18944
Applications accepted until position is filled.
Perkasie Borough is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Keywords: PERKASIE BOROUGH, Bethlehem , Aquatic Facilities and Program Manager, Executive , Perkasie, Pennsylvania
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!