RN Unit Manager
Company: PLEASANT VALLEY MANOR
Posted on: January 22, 2023
** $5,000 Sign-On Bonus **
-Job Title: - RN Unit Manager
-Shift: - 7:00 a.m. - 7:00 p.m.
Job Type: - Full-Time
We are seeking an RN Unit Manager for a full-time role. - As a Unit
Manager, you will lead, collaborative with, and motivate a diverse
team of nurses and support staff on your unit, and ensure their
duties and responsibilities are carried out in a timely and
acceptable manner, according to company procedures and standards,
to assure personalized and hospitable quality care and essential
services to our patients and resident population. - This is an
essential employee position that is vital to maintaining the
quality of care given to our patients and resident population.
Pleasant Valley Manor is a premier non-profit skilled nursing
facility near Stroudsburg, PA, with caring roots in our community
since 1974, delivering unparalleled quality and compassionate
resident care with a focus on individual resident needs that result
in positive outcomes for residents and their families.
What we offer:
- Competitive Pay
- 12-Hour Shifts
- 401(k) & 401(k) Matching Contributions
- Immediate Medical, Dental, and Vision Benefits (no waiting
- Short- and Long-Term Disability Insurance
- Basic Life and AD&D
- Paid Sick and Vacation Time
- Paid Holidays
- Employee Assistance & Discount Program
- Employee Referral Program
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Professional Development Assistance
The duties and responsibilities life of an RN Unit Manager include,
but are not limited to:
- Oversees day-to-day patient care. Makes daily rounds on
resident units, reviews all 24-hour reports, visits with residents,
and monitors and reports on changes in the condition of
- Establishes objectives, goals and priorities for residents and
patients, nurse staff education, and organizational objectives. -
Actively responds to consults, assesses residents and patients, and
offers recommendations for continued treatment.
- Leads, engages, inspires, develops, and motivates nurse staff
to provide exceptional care and ensures the health, welfare,
continuity of care, and safety needs of the residents are
- Oversees and supervises care delivery systems to ensure
accuracy and consistency. Monitors patient medications, treatment,
and therapies for quality assurance and compliance with local,
state, and federal regulations.
- Recognizes and assist in solving clinical and administrative
- Manages and oversees the coordination of all personnel and
professional services on the unit. Reviews, evaluates, and
discusses employee grievances with the Director and Assistant
Director of Nursing.
- Enforces the staff schedule, observes the labor budget as it
relates to scheduling, and enforces company policy. Assures nursing
policy standards compliance for all personnel on the unit.
- Provides clinical expertise in medical, behavioral, and crisis
- Coordinates and collaborates with other managers, supervisors,
RNs, LPNs, and the Director and Assistant Director of Nursing to
accomplish facility and patient-care goals, and implements nursing
- Audits residents' medical records and assists with
- Assists with development of and implements on-the-job training,
onboarding, and education programs, and reports any changes to the
Director of Nursing and Assistant Director of Nursing.
- Assists with mealtimes as necessary. Assists with in-service
training, as required and necessary.
- Actively listens and communicates with residents and their
families to address care-related concerns with a cheerful and
pleasant disposition, using tact and understanding when dealing
with difficult situations. Maintains a liaison with residents and
their families, support departments, and other entities to
adequately plan for residents' needs.
- Ensures compliance with all applicable Federal and State
regulations, and internal policies and
- Ensures infection control policies and procedures are
- Assists with Quality Improvement monitoring.
- Performs or provides input for performance
- Participates in periodic weekend on-call rotations.
- Graduate of accredited Registered Nurse program.
- Unexpired license in Pennsylvania, in good standing.
- Minimum 1 year management experience in acute care or long-term
care, or other related health care
- Knowledge of patient management, the nursing process, and
- Possesses leadership and motivational skills, and employs
professionalism and tact.
- Patience, tact, a cheerful disposition, and a kind and
- Temperature screenings.
- COVID testing.
- PPE required and provided.
- Social distancing guidelines in place.
- Enhanced sanitizing, disinfecting, and cleaning measures.
Pleasant Valley Manor is a proud Equal Opportunity Employer. - We
do not -discriminate -on the -basis of -race, color, religion,
gender, sexual orientation, age, national origin, ancestry,
physical or mental disability, veteran status, or any other state
and federal protected class.
Keywords: PLEASANT VALLEY MANOR, Bethlehem , RN Unit Manager, Executive , Stroudsburg, Pennsylvania
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!