Assistant Store Manager - Ottsville
Company: Kimberton Whole Foods
Posted on: January 21, 2023
Kimberton Whole Foods in Ottsville is hiring an Assistant Store
Manager!Schedule: Full-time, 40 hours per week. 8-hour shifts, 5
days per week.Availability: Availability to work opening or closing
shifts is required. One weekend shift is also required each
week.Age Requirement: Must be 18 years or older.Location: Ottsville
Kimberton Whole FoodsAddress: 4010 Durham Rd, Ottsville, PA
18942Starting Salary: $43,000-55,000 per year depending on
experienceBenefits: Full-time team members are eligible for the
following benefits at Kimberton Whole Foods:
Extensive Medical CoverageVision
PlanDental Plan25% off Store-Wide DiscountEmployer Paid Short-Term
DisabilityEmployer Paid Long-Term DisabilityEmployer Paid Life
InsuranceEmployer Paid AD&DVoluntary Life InsuranceEmployee
Assistance ProgramFlexible Spending Account - Healthcare &
Dependent Care401K with matching 3% after one year and at least
1000 hours workedPaid Time OffThe Assistant Store Manager (ASM) is
responsible for creating and fostering an exceptional store
experience for customers and team members alike. The ASM follows
the direction of the Store Manager. The ASM will assist to direct
store operations, develops teamwork and ensures that sales and
labor benchmarks are met and hopefully exceeded. They have a strong
desire for continuous improvement and inspires the same desire in
their team members. The ASM understands that positive customer
experience and team morale are essential factors to successful
daily operations. The ASM interacts with customers, vendors, and
KWF Team Members in a positive and authentic manner at all
times.The Assistant Store Manager supports the Store Manager,
embodies the spirit of servant leadership and sets a positive tone
for a productive and happy team. The ASM must be ready and willing
to serve in any department needing help and to support store
operations in any and all capacities. This individual embraces the
mission and values of KWF by demonstrating a passion for the local
and natural foods industry. The ASM assists to ensure their store
is following KWF outlined inventory, ordering, and merchandising
Standard Operating Procedures with the appropriate labor in order
to meet financial goals. The ASM works with the SM to ensure that
their store is following KWF outlined policy for all money handling
procedures. This person assists in the accountability for safe and
smooth operations and a welcoming store experience.Team &
- Displays an attitude of service leadership congruent with the
KWF mission and culture. Provides great service to team members,
customers, and vendors alike.
- Displays a strong understanding of the value of authentic and
- Participates in the hiring, training, coaching and development
of team members in collaboration with the Store Manager, HR and
- Works diligently with the SM to achieve KWF performance goals
through consistent communication, effective training and proper use
of disciplinary actions.
- Works with the SM to complete timely performance reviews of all
- Supports the store experience by upholding KWF Guidelines.
Understands and executes KWF attendance & punctuality policies by
consistently and fairly holding the team accountable by using KWF
- Participates in scheduled management meetings and initiates
departmental meetings to actively engage with team members,
inviting feedback towards the goal of continuous improvement. This
works in conjunction with ensuring that core operational functions
are followed on a daily basis.
- Maintains the confidentiality of KWF team members, customers,
vendors, suppliers and all company information.
- Works with the Store Manager and the team to bring clarity to
areas of uncertainty. Ensures that all team members receive the
appropriate training opportunities to achieve success in a given
- Provides effective feedback as necessary. Recognizes when there
is a problem and discusses the need for improvement, allowing for
mid-course correction via clear definition regarding what is and is
not going well andprovides path to success.
- Provides leadership that inspires teamwork, generates energy
and enthusiasm, and drives results. A portion of ASM success will
be measured by peers and supervisor using 360 Review process.
- Encourages direct communication with the team using the go
- Provides a safe work environment for KWF team members by
following the KWF workplace safety policy. Store Operations
- Works with the Store Manager and the team to accomplish labor
targets. Assists the Store Manager to create weekly schedules that
ensure maximum efficiency within all departments.
- Works with the SM and the team to accomplish sales
- Empowers the team using established S.O.P's, including but not
limited to ordering, inventory maintenance, merchandising and
- Works with the SM to closely follow the daily Produce
Department merchandising and ordering guidelines. Meets
merchandising and quality control deadlines on a daily basis as
outlined in S.O.P.
- Works with the SM to ensure the KWF Grocery Department ordering
and inventory maintenance S.O.P. is accurately executed on a daily
basis. Ensures that all shelves are fully stocked, faced, detailed,
and accurately labelled.
- Works with the SM to ensure the KWF Perishable Department
ordering and inventory maintenance S.O.P.s and "Fresh Start"
program are accurately executed on a daily basis. Ensures that all
shelves are fully stocked, faced, detailed, and accurately
- Works with the SM to ensure the KWF Apothecary Department
ordering and inventory maintenance S.O.P is accurately executed on
a daily basis. Works with the SM to ensure that DSHEA laws are
being followed and that the highest level of customer service is
being provided by all Apothecary team members.
- Works with the SM to ensure any food service component follows
established KWF food service best practices and ordering guidelines
while adhering to standards set by the Creative Food Director.
- The ASM must have the desire and capacity to be the best at all
operational tasks and be able to lead by example.
- The ASM will assume the Store Manager responsibilities/role and
Department Head responsibilities during vacations and times of team
- Performs duties as assigned.Collaboration & Communication
- Communicates pertinent information to SM, Operations, HR,
Training, Marketing, Purchasing & FinanceDepartments with regard to
store operations, staffing, safety, facilities, harassment,
incidents, emergencies, training, marketing, and category
- Advocates for the needs of the store with regard to Marketing
and Purchasing support.
- Works in collaboration with SM and HR to resolve staff
grievances and participates in team member mediation as
- Maintain compliance with KWF Workers Compensation policy by
properly reporting any team member or customer injuries using
incident reporting S.O.P.
- Works in cooperation with the SM and the Training Department to
coordinate appropriate training opportunities and complete outlined
KWF training protocols.
- Relays pertinent customer feedback to the SM, Operations, HR,
Purchasing, Marketing, Training and Finance Departments.
- Tactful handling of customer complaints with a strong desire to
hear feedback and make the situation right. The ASM must understand
how to use customer feedback to improve future store experience.
- Good communication skills: oral and written
- Strong analytical and mathematical capabilities
- Thrives in leading a team in a fast-paced work environment
- Able to be on your feet for an extended period of time
- Have excellent time management skills
- Has desire to grow into Store Manager position
- Develops team moralePersonal Characteristics and Experience
- Has reputation for excellent relations with customers, vendors,
and KWF team members.
- Has ability to identify areas for store improvement and design
and implement systems and procedures that lead to success.
- Strong analytical, mathematical/numerical analysis (able to
read financial statements) and able to achieve benchmarks and goals
set through strategic planning or through budgeting
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, good listening
and clear instructions.
- Track record for increasing sales in a leadership role.
- 3-5 years of management experience (including directing work,
scheduling, training, and evaluating).
- Motivated and able to work a varied schedule including days,
evenings, weekends and holidays understanding this is not a 9 a.m.
to 5 p.m. position. Requires observation of store operations at all
times of the week including weekends.
- Well-developed interpersonal skills. Ability to get along with
diverse personalities. Tactful, mature.
- Self-motivated and ability to motivate others to work as a
- Results oriented with the ability to balance other business
Keywords: Kimberton Whole Foods, Bethlehem , Assistant Store Manager - Ottsville, Executive , Ottsville, Pennsylvania
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!