RN Care Manager - Geisinger at Home - Community-Based - Sign On Incentive*
Posted on: November 25, 2022
Job Title: RN Care Manager - Geisinger at Home - Community-Based
- Sign On Incentive*
Location: Allentown, Pennsylvania
Job Category: RN - Registered Nurse, Nursing and Nursing
Work Type: Full time
Department: Geisinger at Home Northeast Region Care Management
Date Posted: 11/04/2022
Job ID: R-40022
Job SummaryWorks with physician and multidisciplinary team members
to develop plan of care for each assigned patient from admission
through discharge. Ensure patient is progressing towards desired
outcomes by continuously monitoring patient care through
assessments and evaluations. Assess and respond to patient and
family needs by coordinating efforts of other team members.
Identifies and resolves barriers that hinder effective patient
- Works in conjunction with physicians, nurses, inter
disciplinary team and others to assess, plan and initiate patient
plan of care.
- Facilitates and coordinates details of the actual discharge to
- Facilitates and coordinates an individualized care coordination
- Serves as a resource to physician and hospital personnel
regarding available agency, facility, and community services to
assist in discharge planning.
- Completes appropriate federal, state and local forms.
- Ensures adherence to quality standards and participation in
quality monitoring and improvement by monitoring quality of care
using predetermined criteria, reporting potential risk and quality
management issues identified from medical record review to
appropriate departments through defined processes, and enters data
as requested and appropriate for role, to support quality
improvement initiatives into appropriate system.
- Conducts on-going case review for delays or variances in care;
raises issues with appropriate department, attending physician and
- Captures data per department policy.
- Communicates to appropriate physician identified issues for
resolution and intervention.
- Uses approved medical necessity criteria as a tool to ensure
that patients meet appropriateness of the setting.
- Actively involves payer liaison role in any case that has
potential of not meeting medical necessity guidelines.
- Supports payer liaison role to resolve barriers through
appropriate administrative and medical channels to avoid third
party payer denials.
- Maintains awareness of all concurrent denials through
interaction with payer liaison.
- Works with payer liaison to facilitate timely discharge or
alternative plan of care acceptable to physician, family and
payer.Work is typically performed in a clinical and office
environment. Accountable for satisfying all job specific
obligations and complying with all organization policies and
procedures. The specific statements in this profile are not
intended to be all-inclusive. They represent typical elements
considered necessary to successfully perform the job. Additional
competencies and skills outlined in any department-specific
orientation will be considered essential to the performance of the
job related to that position.
Position DetailsYou may qualify for a sign-on incentive! Apply
today to learn more
- Hours: -Typical hours are 8:30am to 5:00pm
- On Call: -Rotation based. Will be fully reviewed at
- Weekends: Rotation based. Will be fully reviewed at
- Holidays: Rotation based. Will be fully reviewed at
- Travel: -This position is community based and requires travel
between patient's homes. Company Car with gas card provided.
Position will be based in Lehigh County. Travel may be required for
- Required Experience: 3 yrs of RN work experience
- Preferred Experience: -Prior ED, ICU, Case Management or Home
Health Experience is preferred but not required.To learn more about
Geisinger at Home, please visit -
Geisinger, the caring that we provide to our patients and members
also extends to you and your family. Our competitive compensation
and benefits package helps you and your loved ones stay healthy,
meet your financial goals and thrive professionally and personally.
- Benefits: Geisinger offers a comprehensive suite of healthcare
benefits, including medical, prescription drug, vision and dental
coverage. And with our healthcare benefits, you'll also receive
care from one of the top innovative healthcare systems in the
country. Our suite of benefits supports you and your family in a
variety of ways, including coverage for same-sex or opposite-sex
spouses, domestic partners and their children and
- Paid Time Off: -Our generous paid-time-off packages allow you
to take the time you need to travel, rest, and care for and
reconnect with friends and family. We also offer paid military and
- Diversity and Inclusion: -We strive to create an environment
where our patients, health plan members and employees can be their
most authentic selves. Join one of our many Employee Resource
Groups (ERGs). ERGs provide opportunities for all Geisinger
employees to build internal and external networks and further
develop professionally. ERGs are formed around common identities
but are open to all employees.
- Tuition Assistance: Up to $5,000 tuition reimbursement: -We
offer tuition reimbursement towards both undergraduate and graduate
degrees.(Part time and Full Time Positions only)
- Retirement: -We contribute 5% of your salary to your retirement
plan and offer auto-enrollment to make saving convenient for
EducationGraduate from Specialty Training Program-Nursing
(Required), Bachelor's Degree-Healthcare Related Degree
ExperienceMinimum of 3 years-Nursing (Required)
Certification(s) and License(s)Licensed Registered Nurse
(Pennsylvania) - RN_State of Pennsylvania; Basic Life Support
Certification - Default Issuing Body
Our Purpose & ValuesOUR PURPOSE & VALUES: Everything we do is about
caring for our patients, our members, our students, our Geisinger
family and our communities. KINDNESS: We strive to treat everyone
as we would hope to be treated ourselves. EXCELLENCE: We treasure
colleagues who humbly strive for excellence. LEARNING: We share our
knowledge with the best and brightest to better prepare the
caregivers for tomorrow. INNOVATION: We constantly seek new and
better ways to care for our patients, our members, our community,
and the nation. SAFETY: We provide a safe environment for our
patients and members and the Geisinger family We offer healthcare
benefits for full time and part time positions from day one,
including vision, dental and domestic partners. Perhaps just as
important, from senior management on down, we encourage an
atmosphere of collaboration, cooperation and collegiality. We know
that a diverse workforce with unique experiences and backgrounds
makes our team stronger. Our patients, members and community come
from a wide variety of backgrounds, and it takes a diverse
workforce to make better health easier for all. We are proud to be
an affirmative action, equal opportunity employer and all qualified
applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless to
race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity,
national origin, disability or status as a protected veteran.
Keywords: Geisinger, Bethlehem , RN Care Manager - Geisinger at Home - Community-Based - Sign On Incentive*, Executive , Ottsville, Pennsylvania
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!