Sr. Product Manager, Orthopedic & Spine
Company: Center Valley, PA
Location: Center Valley
Posted on: November 22, 2022
Aesculap, Inc., a B. Braun company, is part of a 180-year-old
global organization focused on meeting the needs of an
ever-changing healthcare community. Through close collaboration
with its customers, Aesculap provides advanced technologies for
general surgery, neurosurgery and closure technologies. Aesculap
continues a proud heritage of leadership and responsiveness as we
strive to deliver products and services that improve the quality of
patients' lives. Responsibilities
Position Summary: Responsible for achievement of marketing and
financial Profit and Loss objectives for assigned Product Lines by
developing and implementing the annual marketing and business
plans. Oversees teams running marketing campaigns and media
outreaches at a grassroots level, where potential customers might
be. Monitors market trends to determine if a company should
introduce new products or services or improve on existing ones
within the assigned portfolio. Develops Aesculap Implant Systems
USA brand image to ensure it complies with the company's mission,
vision, and values. Monitors competitors' products and services to
determine if they are a market threat. Monitors market trends to
determine if a company's marketing plan is working as originally
intended. Principal Duties & Responsibilities:
- Distributor Support
- Product Specific Training - develops and maintains content.
Supports training dept. on development and execution of training
plan as needed
- Product Specific Technical and Clinical Support- functions as
subject matter expert for the assigned products
- Product Specific Marketing Programs and Promotions - drives the
development of, launches and provides ongoing monitoring and
revision as needed
- Field visits with customers and distributor partners if
- Portfolio Management
- Detailed knowledge and understanding of the assigned portfolio
and competitive products so as to be considered expert for the
assigned products within the company
- New Product and Service Proposals and Introductions -
Identifies and proposes solutions to fill gaps within the portfolio
strategy and executes the NPI process to launch the product or
service to the target markets.
- R&D Liaison- acts as clinical procedure surgeon liaison
between R&D, Surgeons and Distributors as needed for new
- Market Segmentation, Targeting and Positioning
- Market Research and Data Analytics- conducts market research
and analyzes customer and market data to support data driven
decision making and improved effectiveness of the portfolio to
achieve profitable growth goals
- Maintenance of competitive profile database - keeps the
database current for assigned products, monitors for change, risk
and opportunities to our differentiated position and informs
Marketing leadership accordingly.
- Achievement of Financial and Corporate Objectives
- Inventory investment Management and Metrics - conducts
forecasting and demand analysis to provide forward looking
information to the S&OP team to support successful execution of
strategic and annual product line goals and objectives.
- Set and Implant Inventory and Allocation Plan and
Implementation- develops and executes an annual review of the plan
and in support of NPI process.
- Planning and Forecasting for New Products - drives the planning
and forecasting efforts to develop and gain alignment on financial
planning for assigned new products.
- Product line profitability and revenue targets, P&L of the
line - monitors results for profit and loss performance to KPI's,
informing and motivating leadership, distributors and Account
Management team around success, opportunities and changes needed to
achieve annual profitability objectives for assigned products
- Assigned expense budget
- Performs special projects as assigned.
- Must comply with applicable ISO and FDA regulations as stated
in Quality Manual
- Must embody the Company's Vision, Mission and Values
- Other duties may be assigned Peripheral job functions:
- Must be able to travel 30%-40% domestically and internationally
by air and car and work occasional weekends. Must possess a valid
government issued driver's license and passport.
- Requires excellent written and interpersonal communication
- Coordinates and supports team activities using creative
thinking and organizational skills.
- Computer skills in Windows, Outlook, Excel, Power Point and
Word is required. SAP experience highly desirable.
- This position requires the handling of instruments that may
have been contaminated by blood or other bodily fluids. In
compliance with Occupational Safety and Health Administration
(OSHA) regulations, Aesculap will provide a safe working
environment for all employees.
- Able to pass and maintain annual Vendor Credentials such that
healthcare facilities allow entrance into patient care areas in
direct association with marketing and selling of groups products.
- Management of Associate and or Product Manager
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Marketing, Engineering or
equivalent MBA preferred
- 5 to 10 years of product management or equivalent experience
- 2 to 3 years' experience in specific product area, scientific
and/or sales background a plus.
- Operating Room familiarity.
- Requires excellent written and interpersonal communication
- Medical device product management in assigned market is
preferred Language and mathematical skills; reasoning ability:
- Language Skills: Ability to read, analyze, and interpret common
scientific and technical journals, financial reports, and legal
documents. Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints
from customers, regulatory agencies, or members of the business
community. Ability to effectively present information to top
management, public groups, and/or boards of directors.
- Mathematical Skills: Ability to add, subtract, multiply, divide
in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and
decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw
and interpret bar graphs.
- Reasoning Ability: Ability to define problems, collect date,
establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret
an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or
diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly
required to sit and talk or hear. The employee frequently is
required to use hands to handle or feel and reach with hands and
arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk. The
employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds. .
Keywords: Center Valley, PA, Bethlehem , Sr. Product Manager, Orthopedic & Spine, Executive , Center Valley, Pennsylvania
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!