Assistant Produce Manager
Company: Restaurant Depot
Posted on: September 21, 2022
Assistant Produce Manager FULL-TIME $17/hr Responsible for the
receiving product and ensures that produce boxes are stocked,
fresh, labeled, clean and delivered product is packed out, and
proper customer service is provided. 95% or more of the job is
manual labor. Essential functions:
- Ensure proper customer service and works to develop relationships
with large customers.
- Supervises and works together with Produce Manager and Stocker/s
to assure that shelves are stocked, merchandise and rotated.
- Assists in developing schedules, monitors performance and
recommends the proper discipline as appropriate including
- Trains employees in job responsibilities and safe operating
procedures and interviews candidates and recommends for hires.
- Ensures that employees are performing the proper inspections to
meet HACCP regulations as well as conducting periodic HACCP
- Reviews inventory for product rotation on a daily basis to
prevent shrinkage and damages.
- Ensures that shelf pricing is correct and reflects the most
recent pricing and market conditions.
- Supervises and works alongside the Stocker/s in the receiving of
all deli products and ensures that the proper paperwork is
- Maintains accurate computer inventory levels by having physical
inventories performed on a regular basis and adjustments made.
- Maintains refrigerated equipment and makes sure maintenance
contracts and schedules are followed.
- Supervises the ordering of Produce products from vendors on a
regular basis to assure we have competitive pricing and minimal
shrink due to spoilage and not have too much inventory on hand.
- Makes sure all the employees in the department can work the
equipment such as a scale and Dennison label machine.
- Coordinates that the pallets stored in the racks have the proper
block and date tags.
- Follows program to maintain the cleanliness of the area by a
regular maintenance schedule of scrubbing, and pulling out pallets
and cleaning underneath. PHL-04 WS-04 Schedule Shift start: Based
on route Shift length: 9.5 hours 5 days/week, must be available any
- Health, dental, vision insurance - available after 90 days
- Paid time off
- 401(k) plan Qualifications
- Must pass drug screen (cannabis included)
- Can lift 50 lbs
- Must be at least 18+ years old Knowledge of HACCP systems is
desirablePrior experience in produce department including ordering
and receiving productsCreative merchandising skillsAbility to work
in a refrigerated environment (30 degrees) for extended periods of
timeAt least 4 years experience in customer serviceMust be willing
to drive HI-LO/ forklift. About Restaurant Depot Restaurant Depot
is a Members-Only Wholesale Cash & Carry Foodservice Supplier.
Their mission is to be your one-stop shop for savings, selection,
and service, seven days a week. They have been supplying
independent food businesses with quality products from large cash
and carry warehouse stores since 1990. They became the leading
low-cost alternative to other foodservice suppliers by eliminating
the overhead of a traditional distributor, focusing on the needs of
independent foodservice operators and offering free membership.
Associated topics: assistant restaurant manager, bakery manager,
day shift manager, food service supervisor, general manager, night
manager, night shift manager, produce manager, restaurant leader,
Keywords: Restaurant Depot, Bethlehem , Assistant Produce Manager, Executive , Bethlehem, Pennsylvania
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!