Associate Executive Director for Planning
Company: Community Action Committee of Lehigh Valley
Posted on: May 16, 2022
Job DescriptionJOB SUMMARYThe Associate Executive Director for
Planning supervises planning staff and provides oversight of
department functions that includes program planning, program
development, fund development, contract compliance, research,
advocacy, community organizing, community planning, oversight of
the AmeriCorps VISTA program, and supervision of undergraduate and
graduate students. The Associate Executive Director for Planning
works with the senior management team in the leadership and
management of the agency.ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONSGeneral Management and
- Provides day-to-day leadership and management that reflect the
mission and values of the agency.
- Participates in the development of the annual and revised
- Assists with developing and implementing plans for the
operational infrastructure of systems, as well as processes and
personnel allocation designed to enable the agency to meet its
goals and objectives.
- Assists with keeping agency policies and procedures current and
maintaining an organization consistent with those policies and
- Supervises the Planning staff.
- Provides oversight of the interviewing, recruiting and
supervision of the AmeriCorps VISTA program.
- Supervises undergraduate and graduate students and their
projects.Program Planning and Development
- Oversees the development of the agency's Annual Work Plan, the
Mid-Year Evaluation of the agency's Annual Work Plan, and the
Year-End Evaluation of the agency's Annual Work Plan.
- Assists in the development of new agency programs in
collaboration with the senior management team and program
- Provides staff support to the Program Development and
Evaluation Committee (PD&E) of the agency's Board of
- Oversees the planners in their work staffing various internal
and external committees and coalitions.Fund Development, Contract
Compliance, and Monitoring
- Identifies funding opportunities and communicates with
- Manages an accurate and current 12-month calendar of due dates
for proposals and reports.
- Convenes monthly meetings of the Planning Department in order
to discuss fund development, agency news, future projects,
community planning and coalitions.
- Oversees the planning, writing, and submission of grant
proposals to corporations, foundations, and government entities by
planners as well as writing and submitting grant proposals to
corporations, foundations, and government entities.
- Oversees and tracks progress on funding requests in a contracts
- Oversees the review of contracts and agreements prior to
execution, as well as reviews contracts and agreements prior to
- Ensures contract compliance by assisting program directors with
data collection, reporting, and monitoring of programs.Research
- Oversees the analysis of community strengths, assets,
resources, and needs, as well as analyzes strengths, assets,
resources, and needs.
- Oversees the compilation of data, critiquing of data, and
publishing of reports, as well as compiles data, critiques data,
and publishes reports.
- Oversees the creation of survey instruments, conducting of
surveys, and publishing of survey results, as well as creates
survey instruments, conducts surveys, and publishes survey
- Oversees the review of, and reviews, demonstrated models,
government documents, national publications, professional
literature, legislative updates, and other printed
- Oversees the advocacy by the Planning Department and advocates
for policies and regulations for particular groups, consumers, and
- Develops position statements on policy issues and writes
documents, reports, and brochures.
- Educates a specific constituency or the public about a
particular issue by overseeing and conducting outreach, writing
press releases, utilizing social media, organizing press
conferences, and hosting community events.
- Plans and hosts candidate forums offering opportunities for
voters to meet and questions candidates for public office.
- Meets with elected representatives to discuss specific issues
affecting constituencies' interests.
- Networks with local, regional, and national
organizations.Community Organizing, Planning, Public Relations
- Collaborates with community residents, non-profit
organizations, government officials, elected representatives,
business leaders, and faith communities to accomplish community
- Organizes and staffs community coalitions working for social
change, provides direction for coalitions, writes coalition work
plans, supplies members with research and legislative updates,
implements coalition activities, evaluates coalition progress, and
other types of support.
- Oversees the planning, facilitation, and implementation of
community-wide and regional initiatives and coalitions to benefit
the agency's constituencies.
- Serves as spokesperson for the agency in the absence of the
Executive Director, as needed.Other
- Performs other duties as assigned.WORKING CONDITIONSSite: Forte
Building1337 East Fifth StreetBethlehem, PA 18015Some off-site work
at other program centers.Other: Out-of-town and overnight trips
- Comprehensive Health Benefits - Medical, Dental, Vision and
- Agency paid Life Insurance and Long-Term Disability
- Voluntary Life Insurance and Short-Term Disability
- 401 (k) Retirement Plan with agency contribution
- Generous Paid Leave Time-
- Vacation- 15 Days: Earn more time after 2- and 5-year
- Sick- 9 days annually
- 10 Observed HolidaysQUALIFICATIONSBachelor's degree in related
field preferredExperience in management, supervision, fund
development, contract compliance, and researchProficient in
Microsoft Word and ExcelExcellent written and oral communication
skillsDetail oriented, ability to work on multiple tasks
concurrentlyPersonal vehicle or access to independent
transportation requiredValid driver's license and good driving
recordCriminal record check required
Keywords: Community Action Committee of Lehigh Valley, Bethlehem , Associate Executive Director for Planning, Executive , Bethlehem, Pennsylvania
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!