Team Manager - B Shift
Company: Avery Dennison
Posted on: January 15, 2022
About Avery DennisonAvery Dennison Corporation (NYSE: AVY) is a
global materials science company specializing in the design and
manufacture of a wide variety of labeling and functional materials.
The company's products, which are used in nearly every major
industry, include pressure-sensitive materials for labels and
graphic applications; tapes and other bonding solutions for
industrial, medical, and retail applications; tags, labels and
embellishments for apparel; and radio frequency identification
(RFID) solutions serving retail apparel and other markets.
Headquartered in Glendale, California, the company employed more
than 32,000 employees in more than 50 countries in 2020. Reported
sales in 2020 were $7.0 billion. Learn more at
The Team Manager is a Line Supervisor who reports to an Operations
Manager. The Team Manager has direct reports, GPS and disciplinary
responsibility. The Team Manager provides leadership and direction
for all Safety, Quality, Service, Productivity and Cost Reduction
objectives and goals within an assigned area of the facility while
meeting internal and external customer needs. The Team Manager can
be assigned to any area of the Plant, Distribution Center or
Warehouse. With general guidance from functional management,
responsible for providing team leadership to a customer-focused
team or group of teams committed to increased quality and
productivity.Activities may include, but are not limited
to:Employee Development & Management
- Train and provide development opportunities for staff. Ensure
annual goals are complete and communicated. Ensure GPS
Documentation is up to date and regular feedback is provided to
- Monitor and evaluate team members, and adjust training where
- Attract, retain and develop high potential talent.
- Model and promote the Corporation's Code of Business Ethics and
- Perform general management duties, exercising usual authority
concerning staff, performance appraisals, promotions and
terminations. Responsible for training and development of
subordinate staff, estimating personnel needs, assigning work,
meeting completion dates, interpreting and ensuring consistent
application of organizational policies. Maintain all timekeeping,
overtime and vacation records and schedules.
- Act as a team role model and change-agent. Positively lead and
influence team members to partner together to achieve individual
and business goals.
- Coordinate team efforts, create and manage a regional strategy
and team operating plan.Operations
- Directly supervises employees in a Site. Monitors work, alters
schedules to meet unforeseen conditions, controls load factors and
flow of work to ensure maximum use of available capacity and
effective use of labor, tools and equipment.
- Design and implement operations improvement strategies for
safety, cost, quality, training, inventory, and services.
- Analyze and draw information for daily operational needs and
improvement for the team. Provide prompt problem solving for key
- Responsible for key operational measures within business unit
(service, quality, productivity, cost, safety).
- Supervises the daily work schedules of warehouse employees
involved in performing a combination of: shipping, receiving,
loading and unloading trucks, stacking, picking, packing and
palletizing finished products. Determines space requirements for
storage and schedules delivery and distribution of products, parts,
and accessories to achieve distribution objectives and meet
customer requirements. Prepares and analyzes inventory reports to
identify slow-moving and/or surplus stock.
- Cultivates and reinforces appropriate group values, norms, and
behaviors. Identifies and analyzes problems, plans, tasks, and
- Represents the team, presenting team suggestions and
recommendations on processes and procedures in accordance with
organization cost, quality, and productivity goals.
- Maintain quality control processes to ensure products/services
meet quality standards; lead implementation of process
improvements. Drive improvement strategies in all key metric areas;
manage production flow, staffing schedule and resources to budget
- Ensure best practices and standard operating procedures are
being followed by conducting frequent business audits.
- Lead 5S activities, housekeeping, and recycling programs. Lead
the efforts to create a safety conscious environment; be actively
involved in safety initiatives. Lead monthly safety meetings and
daily safety huddles.
- Collaborate with other functional areas to resolve problems and
develop improved manufacturing processes. Make efforts to reduce
manufacturing waste and process complexity.Business Unit Leader or
Section Manager Role. Focus on improving performance of the team.
Focus on improving moderately complex performance of multiple teams
and shifts. Champion continuous improvement efforts. Manage people
and teams over multiple shifts, develop successors, select and
develop exempt and hourly operations leaders or staff support
High School Diploma required, Bachelor's Degree in applicable
field, such as Engineering, preferred.
- 6+ years Operational experience with team leader experience
- Skilled in analyzing and drawing information for daily
operational needs and improvement for the team.
- Skilled in scheduling and planning, budgeting and control.
Knowledge of systems.
- Skilled in designing and implementing operation improvement
strategies for safety, cost, quality, training, inventory and
- Strong ability to manage, coach and develop a diverse team of
individuals performing a variety tasks.
- Experience leading continuous improvement efforts. Familiarity
with ELS Operating Principles.
- Strong customer focus, communication, planning and coordination
skills. Ability to think ahead anticipate problems, make decisions
and take appropriate action.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin,
sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran
status or other protected status. EEOE/M/F/Vet/Disabled. All your
information will be kept confidential according to EEO
guidelines.Reasonable Accommodation Notice
If you require accommodations to view or apply for a job,
alternative methods are available to submit an application. Please
contact 440 534-6080 or Jacqueline.email@example.com to
discuss reasonable accommodations.IND124
Keywords: Avery Dennison, Bethlehem , Team Manager - B Shift, Executive , Quakertown, Pennsylvania
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!