Director of Resident Care - Full-Time
Company: Gateway Gardens
Posted on: February 24, 2021
To plan, organize, develop and direct the overall operation of
the resident care program in accordance with current federal, state
and local standards governing the community, and as may be directed
by the Executive Director, to ensure that the highest degree of
quality care is maintained at all times. Essential Functions Job
- Direct and supervise care staff.
- Develop, maintain and periodically update written care
policies, procedures and manual, objectives and philosophies.
Assist in developing and implementing methods for coordinating care
services with other resident services.
- Implement plans of correction for state surveys and
deficiencies, complete medical forms, reports, evaluations,
studies, charts, etc. Implement and maintain the continuous quality
- Participate in interviewing and screening residents for
admission. Responsible for all assessments and care plans. Inform
personnel of new admissions.
- Assist in planning, developing, implementing and maintaining
resident discharge procedures and plans; develop and implement a
resident care organizational structure; participate in surveys and
inspections by government agencies. Make reports and
recommendations to the Executive Director concerning operations of
- Schedule department work hours, including vacation and holiday
schedules, shift and work assignments. Ensure adequate staffing and
expedite work; delegate administrative authority, responsibility
and accountability to resident care services supervisory associates
as deemed necessary to perform assigned duties.
- Ensure that all resident care associates have valid and current
licenses/certifications and are performing duties in accordance
with acceptable standards. Review associates complaints and
grievances and ensure that all are treated consistent with policies
and applicable laws
- Develop and participate in planning, implementing, conducting
and scheduling orientation, training and in-service educational
activities for resident care associates.
- Encourage resident care services supervisory associates to
attend and participate in leadership and outside training
- Ensure that all resident services associates attend and
participate in Hazardous communication, Infection Control and
Universal Precautions training programs prior to reporting for work
- Maintain residents' confidentiality and privacy; treat
residents with kindness, dignity and respect; know and comply with
and ensure that all resident care services personnel know and
comply with Residents' Rights.
- Monitor care services to ensure that Residents' Rights and
needs are met. Review, promptly report to the Executive Director,
and maintain written records of all resident complaints and
- Assist in developing for each resident in compliance with
federal/state guidelines a preliminary and comprehensive assessment
and written care plan that identifies the care and medical problems
and/or needs of the resident and the goals to be accomplished for
each problem and/or need identified.
- Ensure that all resident care services associates are aware of
the plan of care.
- Recommend to the Executive Director the equipment and supply
needs for the Resident Care Department; assist in developing and
monitoring adequate and cost effective inventory control
- Attend and participate in various committees and meetings of
- Provide written and/or oral reports of the Resident Care
Department, including incident reports, to Executive Director and
others as required.
- Evaluate and implement recommendations pertaining to resident
- Follow procedures for reporting hazardous conditions or
equipment; ensure that resident care associates follow established
safety and infection control procedures when isolation precautions
- Ensure that resident care services associates understand and
follow community policies and procedures, the Infection Control
Plan, Standards Precautions, established safety rules, and fire and
- Ensure cleanliness of work areas.
- Ensure that related resident care expenses are within
- Participate as a Manager On Duty during assigned weekends. Be
on call for resident - oriented situations.
- Any other tasks, assignments, projects or requests as deemed by
- Monitor resident's treatment and medications to ensure
residents are receiving proper care; review documentation to ensure
compliance with state regulations and the community's policies
relating to residents' care plan, medications and conditions.
- Marketing responsibilities:
- Participate as instructed in the sales process of potential
residents. Greet new admissions and escort to rooms.
- Cooperate with Marketing Department by meeting with Discharge
Planners, Physicians, etc.
- Maintain contact with physicians and ensure proper record
keeping; and provide direct care as necessary and when assigned.
- A Registered Nurse/Licensed Nurse in good standing, meeting all
applicable federal and state licensure, is preferred.
- Must be 21 years of age or older.
- Must read, write, speak and understand English.
- Previous experience in a supervisory capacity.
- Patience, tact, enthusiasm and positive attitude toward the
- Previous experience in a healthcare-related community or
equivalent, preferably assisted living.
- Must be knowledgeable of general rehabilitative and restorative
nursing and medical practices and procedures and laws, regulations
and guidelines governing assisted living.
- Must have upper body strength adequate to bend, lift, shift,
move, and/or assist in moving articles of more than twenty-five
- Must be able to squat, reach, and stretch without distress.
Must be able to tolerate extended periods walking, standing.
Keywords: Gateway Gardens, Bethlehem , Director of Resident Care - Full-Time, Executive , Bethlehem, Pennsylvania
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!