Asst. General Manager
Company: Wind Creek Hospitality (Poarch Creek Indians)
Posted on: February 23, 2021
Director - Executive/VP
Director - Executive/VP Number of Positions 1 Asst. General Manager
Description: The Asst General Manager (Assistant General Manager)
is responsible for assisting the General Manager/Exec VP (General
Manager/Executive Vice President) with the implementation and
adherence to our Purpose and Value System by employees on property.
Assures that decisions made throughout the property are aligned
with customer service and property profitability objectives both
short and long term as they relate to corporate objectives, plans
and programs. The Asst General Manager (AGM) will assist with
assessing local business trends and championing adjustments to
in-place responses and development. Reviews new responses to
changing trends so that the property will meet or exceed its
objectives. Works with and shares responsibility with the General
Manager/Exec VP, other senior executives and corporate departments
to reach company objectives and goals. All duties are to be
performed in accordance with departmental, Wind Creek policies,
practices, and procedures. POSITION RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Under direction of the General Manager/Exec VP, the AGM will be
assigned various departments and be responsible for:
- Motivating and inspiring employees from all departments.
- Encouraging, supporting, and educating team members to adhere
to the Purpose and Value System on property.
- Interacts and problem solves customer complaints or concerns
and brings it to a positive resolution.
- Communicates, interacts, recognizes, rewards and provides
feedback to employees at all levels of the property.
- Partners with General Manager/Exec VP, reviews property
P&L's, and makes recommendations for changes.
- Provides leadership and direction for all property management
- Team Player: works in a cooperative and supportive manner with
all stakeholders and stakeholder teams; participates actively in
meetings; works towards achieving results in the interest of all
stakeholders. Develops a working knowledge of all PGCB rules,
regulations and Internal Controls applicable to your position.
- Reads and understands Wind Creek's Compulsive and Problem
Gambling Plan with regards to how to conduct business in this
position and specifically the regulations prohibiting service to
minors and/or intoxicated persons.
- Creates a work environment that promotes teamwork, performance
feedback, recognition, mutual respect and employee satisfaction;
quality hiring, training and succession planning processes that
encompass the company's diversity commitment; adherence to the
company's status quo third party representation philosophy;
compliance with company policies, legal requirements and collective
- Authority to issue a complimentary in accordance with Wind
Creek's Comp Matrix. Requirements:
- 18 years of age, proof of authorization/eligibility to work in
the United States.
- Ability to communicate effectively in a positive/upbeat fashion
utilizing English; both in oral and written form.
- Interpersonal skills with focused attention on guest needs to
deal effectively with all business contacts.
- Maintain a professional, neat and well-groomed appearance
adhering to Wind Creek appearance standards.
- Maintain consistent adherence to Wind Creek's customer service
- Must be able to work varied shifts, including weekends and
holidays. Specific Position Requirements:
- Bachelor's Degree in Business Administration (or related field)
- Minimum ten (10) years' experience in a director and above
position in a class III casino with a minimum of 1,500 gaming
positions and a minimum of 100 Table Games. (Previous director
experience must have included managing multiple departments with
P&L responsibilities.) - required.
- Master's Degree in Business Administration, Finance or
Accounting - preferred.
- Demonstrated working knowledge of gaming industry processes,
procedures, and technology - required.
- Demonstrated success in a leadership role for a large division
or company with multiple employees - required.
- This position requires professional level written and verbal
communication and interpersonal skills - required.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate and interact with employees
at all levels of the organization and to work effectively with a
wide range of constituencies in a diverse community -
- Demonstrated ability to motivate and supervise teams from
multiple departments or divisions resulting in success of a Company
as a whole - required.
- Demonstrated ability to simultaneously manage to success
several large projects - required.
- Demonstrated ability to develop and deliver presentations to
large and small groups - required.
- Demonstrated ability to handle stressful situations (involving
both customers and employees) with a calming demeanor -
- Adept at reading and interpreting accounting and financial
reports and demonstrated ability to develop financial plans and
manage resources - required.
- Skill in implementing new strategies and procedures -
- Knowledge of contracting, negotiating, and change management -
- Knowledge of communication and public relation techniques -
- Willing to work odd and irregular hours including holidays,
promotions and weekends.
- Willing to travel and participate in training as recommended or
- Must have willingness and ability to work in a smoke or
secondary smoke environment.
- Must be able to qualify for, apply for and obtain a
Pennsylvania Gaming Control Board license if required. If you need
reasonable accommodation to complete the on-line application,
please contact the Human Resources Department. Native American
Indian Preference in hiring policy is adhered to at all times; Wind
Creek Hospitality does not discriminate on the basis of age,
disability, gender, or religious orientation. Drug Free Workplace
Policy. Complaints about the recruitment or selection process for
employment should be directed in writing to office of the President
and CEO of Wind Creek Hospitality Authority.
Keywords: Wind Creek Hospitality (Poarch Creek Indians), Bethlehem , Asst. General Manager, Executive , Bethlehem, Pennsylvania
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!