Director, Manufacturing and Operations Technical Functions
Posted on: February 20, 2021
Do you want beneficial technologies being shaped by your ideas?
Whether in the areas of mobility solutions, consumer goods,
industrial technology or energy and building technology - with us,
you will have the change to improve quality of life all across the
globe. Welcome to Bosch!
Responsible for leading and supporting the manufacturing operations
of the Bethlehem Customizing Center with vision and strategies to
continuously improve processes, efficiency and implement advanced
technologies and solutions.
The Director is a strong advocate for Safety, Quality, Cost,
Delivery, and is leading and living these principles.
The areas of responsibilities are Manufacturing (MOE), Technical
Functions TEF (Machine and Process development, and connected
solutions, Industrial Engineering, Machine Maintenance, Tool Room,
Project Management and Document Coordination), Facility (FCM),
Bosch Production System (BPS), and Quality (QMM)
- Manage all functional requirements and personnel activities in
all departments reporting to this position
- Plan, manage and coordinate all manufacturing requirements,
e.g. capacity planning, product cost reduction, new variant product
start up, localization projects, and more
- Develop future operations standards and strategies with peers
and cross functional teams
- Create the Business Plan for their areas and track performance
to BP in monthly meetings with leadership
- Drive and track Work Efficiency in the plant and report in
monthly meetings to Site Management and other Stakeholders.
- Ensure high Quality standards throughout Bet operations and
achievement of Quality targets. Adherence to the Bosch Rexroth
Quality Management System and the Environmental Policy in
accordance with ISO 9001 and ISO 14001
- Lead by example ensuring a high performance culture, foster
Continuous Improvement as well as application of BPS
- Drive the Plant Concept activities within area(s) of
- Oversee projects and investments in Facility Management and
ensure legal compliance
- Oversee the Machine Maintenance programs and processes to
increase machine uptime and lower overall maintenance costs and
ensure compliance to legal requirements
- Lead Industry 4.0 activities in the plant, drive the I4.0
Roadmap for the plant - Maintaining BET as a highly visible Pilot
Plant for I4.0 within Bosch Rexroth World and RBNA
- Demonstrate discipline and consistency regarding adherence to
established standards, policies, and procedures
- Perform other essential and related peripheral duties as may be
- Min. four-year degree in Mechanical Engineering, Electrical
Engineering, Industrial Engineering or related field from an
accredited institution (ex. CHEA) with min. 5 years of experience
in a technical field or manufacturing operations environment
- Practical experience in Project Management
- Practical experience of BPS and TPS principles and project
- Proven Track Record of implemented CIP projects
- Knowledge of analytical problem solving techniques such as 8D,
Shainin, Six Sigma or similar
- Proven record of leading smaller and larger teams
- Knowledge of IT in manufacturing (ITM) and connected industry
- Knowledge and Awareness of Financial tools e.g. investment
calculation, cost tracking.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Balance between result orientation, shop floor "hands-on"
management and future orientation
- Personal computer knowledge: SAP, Microsoft Office, etc.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO
By choice, we are committed to a diverse workforce - EOE/Protected
BOSCH is a proud supporter of STEM (Science, Technology,
Engineering & Mathematics) Initiatives.
- FIRST Robotics (For Inspiration and Recognition of Science and
- AWIM (A World in Motion)
Indefinite U.S. work authorized individuals only. Future
sponsorship for work authorization unavailable.
Keywords: Rexroth, Bethlehem , Director, Manufacturing and Operations Technical Functions, Executive , Bethlehem, Pennsylvania
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!