Project Engineer / Project Manager
Company: Stuffed Puffs-- Filled Marshmallows
Posted on: November 22, 2021
The Project Engineer / Project Manager role is responsible for
identification, design and execution of small to medium sized
Capital Projects, as well as participation in larger scale Capital
Projects (in excess of $500k). The ideal candidate will have
experience in food manufacturing, GMP knowledge, and can
communicate across all groups of the organization. This role will
report to the Director of Capital Projects.
- Works closely with Production, Planning, QA, & Maintenance to
identify projects and issues as well as coordinate ongoing
- Propose and control the project costs in accordance with the
- Evaluation, selection, and management of third-party
contractors and/or suppliers from time to time.
- Must be self-starter who can take basic direction and run with
a project on their own.
- Monitor the project in accordance with the key performance
indicators, including within budget, delivered on time and
successfully handed over.
- Ensure that all assets are well designed (i.e. plant layout,
equipment selection etc.) and fit the business purpose through
applying new technologies, proven principles, thorough design
reviews and basic science.
- Check the validity of all mandatory safety, environment,
energy, line efficiency and performance reports in respect to
- Be proactive in investigating any issues relating to
non-compliance, major breakdowns, and non-conformance with key
- Ensure the correct SME (Subject Matter Experts) are involved in
all design reviews.
- Always ensure safe work sites and installations that are easy
to operate, clean and maintain as well as guaranteeing after
commissioning the safe, consistent manufacture/distribution of
- Ensure that the operators, mechanics, electricians etc. are
effectively trained and that the transfer of the equipment to the
client is both smooth and efficient. This includes all the
supporting documentation that will be required to operate and
maintain the plant. e.g. operating instructions, equipment manuals,
plant layouts, maintenance instructions, spare parts listing,
- Support the operation of the process or plant until required
deliverables are achieved.
- Participates in the evaluation and optimization of existing
processes with overall project monitoring by supervisor or project
manager. Work closely with the technical staff of equipment
suppliers and customers.
- Conduct root cause analysis to address technical issues, and
some project management. Develop, scale-up, and commercialize new
processes to minimize cost and maximize simplicity and flexibility
in accordance with committed time and budget constraints. Screen
alternative equipment suppliers and summarize capabilities and
recommend suitable candidates based on information.
- Assist in implementation of new process installation and final
validation of equipment. Maintain competence in food technology and
new equipment offerings by attending technical meetings to identify
new opportunities with respect to product/process.
- Evaluate existing processes and optimize processes and plant
- Participate in calibration of new equipment with respect to
metering rates to optimize processing.
- Complete equipment validation studies through the operational
qualification (IQ/OQ) and long-term validation (PQ) to qualify new
equipment. Participate in evaluation of online equipment which
allows for early detection of process errors/product
- Work with R&D to conduct pilot plant tests to verify new
- Investigate new equipment and facilitate development and
- All other duties as assigned
- B.S. Degree in Engineering preferred
- 5+ years' work experience in project engineering and some
- Experience with automated equipment in the food processing
industry a plus.
- High level of attention to detail.
- Excellent documentation skills.
- Strong Mechanical aptitude.
- Strong communication skills both written and oral.
- A full complement of business computer literacy skills (e.g.,
word processing, spreadsheets, database software etc.)
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills.
- Must possess appropriate communication skills allowing direct
interaction with outside suppliers, internal Managers and Sr.
- Ability to work independently on multiple projects.
- Works well in a team environment.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in
written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- Demonstrate a willingness to share skills and information with
- General knowledge of Good Manufacturing Practices.
- Basic knowledge of workplace safety.
- Must be detail oriented and notice even the smallest of issues
that may become bigger problems in the future.
Keywords: Stuffed Puffs-- Filled Marshmallows, Bethlehem , Project Engineer / Project Manager, Engineering , Bethlehem, Pennsylvania
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!