Medical Receptionist $1,000 Sign-On Bonus to qualified applicants
Company: St. Luke's University Health Network
Posted on: November 23, 2022
St. Luke's is proud of the skills, experience and compassion of
its employees. The employees of St. Luke's are our most valuable
asset! Individually and together, our employees are dedicated to
satisfying the mission of our organization which is an unwavering
commitment to excellence as we care for the sick and injured;
educate physicians, nurses and other health care providers; and
improve access to care in the communities we serve, regardless of a
patient's ability to pay for health care.The Medical Receptionist
is responsible for performing office duties, record keeping
functions, and receptionist duties, administrative and follow-up
functions in order to assist in the operation of a medical office.
The Medical Receptionist will work with and receive supervision
from the practice manager, physicians, nurse practitioners and
JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Actively participates in maintaining and/or improving quality
improvement initiatives.Takes active role in facilitation of team
approach to functions within the department:
- Attends departmental meetings.
- Actively participates as a team member in resolution of
problems as they are identified.
- Analyzes current procedures, bringing suggestions for
improvement to the attention of team members and supervisors for
- Phones: Field incoming calls and respond appropriately
according to network protocols.
- Determines and prioritizes the nature of the incoming call
- Responds to patient communications and routes complete and
accurate messages to the appropriate individual
- Ensures patient satisfaction at the end of each call
- Office schedules:
- Maintains patient and physician office schedules
- Schedules patient appointments according to the guidelines of
the practice -
- Ensures patient access to requested provider, when available -
- Greets patients in a polite, prompt, engaging manner -
- Registers patients according to the guidelines of the practice
- Verifies patient demographics and insurance information at each
- Captures any barriers - i.e. language, vision, hearing etc. and
- Maintains a consistent patient flow, and advises patients of
delays in schedule
- Assist patients with the "welcome tablet" at check-in
- Educate patients on MyChart and assist with sign-up at
- Ensure all information is correct during insurance verification
- Verify all patient consents are current (ie: HIPPA, Financial
- Exercises good judgment and communication skills; demonstrates
an awareness of emergency situations and responds appropriately. -
- Monitors and maintains patient reception area, cleanliness and
- Possesses basic knowledge of medical terminology and
- Corrects charge review errors. Handle registration/billing
edits, practice registration errors and missing registration items
in work ques daily.
- Is familiar with basic medical insurance concepts (i.e.:
deductibles, co-insurance, fee-for-service, managed care)
- -Verifies and explains charges to the patient. - Collects any
amounts due at time of service. - Provides patient education as it
relates to insurance and balances owed. Responsible to close out
and balance cash drawer. -
- Sends daily faxes to Central Scanning Team using the correct
fax sheet. Scans and indexes, as needed. Backlog not to exceed 72
- Maintains referral work queue and update notes in order to
communicate with other departments.
- Reviews in-basket clerical pool messages and complete necessary
information to clear the message.
- Processes requests for medical records according to practice,
State and HIPAA guidelines.
- Follows opening and closing procedures as required.
PHYSICAL AND SENSORY REQUIREMENTS:Requires sitting, standing and
walking for extended periods of time (up to 8 hours at time). -
Requires continual use of fingers for patient care, writing and
computer entry. - Routinely uses upper extremities; occasional
requirement to lift up to 25 pounds. - Occasionally push cart with
supplies up to 30 pounds. - Occasionally push wheelchair with
patient weighing up to 325 pounds. - Regularly requires ability to
stoop, bend and reach above shoulder level. - Requires ability to
hear normal conversation and good general, near and peripheral
EDUCATION:High School graduate or equivalent. Preference given to
graduates of accredited medical assistant/administrative training
TRAINING AND EXPERIENCE:One year office experience in a similar
healthcare setting or graduate of accredited medical
assistant/administrative training program is preferred. Customer
Service experience is strongly preferred.
Please complete your application using your full legal name and
-current home address. -Be sure to -include -employment history for
-the past seven (7) years, including your present employer. -
Additionally, you are -encouraged to upload a current resume,
including all work history, education, and/or certifications and
-licenses, if applicable. -It is highly recommended that you create
a profile at the conclusion of submitting your first application.
-Thank you for your interest in St. Luke's!!
Keywords: St. Luke's University Health Network, Bethlehem , Medical Receptionist $1,000 Sign-On Bonus to qualified applicants, Administration, Clerical , Sellersville, Pennsylvania
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!