Company: PLEASANT VALLEY MANOR
Posted on: February 23, 2021
Job Title: Office Clerk
Job Type: Part-time
Shift: 8:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.
Don't just take a job – join a caring and supportive team! We are
actively seeking an Office Clerk for a full-time role. As an office
clerk, you will be assisting the Director of Nursing and the
Assistant Director of Nursing in the day-to-day operations of their
department and you will act as an important resource for generating
correspondence, liaising between department personnel, performing
clerical duties, organizing paperwork, and assisting with
This is an excellent part-time entry-level opportunity for an
organized, detail-oriented, and outgoing individual looking to work
in long-term care while pursuing a nursing degree or certification,
or someone who has transitioned into an entry-level administrative
assistant role. If you enjoy working in a team-oriented
environment, then you'll fit right in with our diverse and
fun-loving team, working as part of a culture you can be proud of
where everyone is treated with respect and recognized for their
efforts. We have a winning total rewards package for the right
individual that includes competitive compensation, generous PTO,
and immediate medical benefits.
Heroes work here! Pleasant Valley Manor is a premier non-profit
long-term care facility located in the idyllic foothills of the
Pocono Mountains near Stroudsburg, PA, with caring roots in our
community since 1974, delivering unparalleled quality and
compassionate resident care with a focus on individual resident
needs and delivering positive outcomes for residents and their
A day in the life of an Office Clerk includes, but is not limited
to, the following duties and responsibilities:
- Works with the Nursing Department and physicians/CRNP to obtain
signatures from physicians/CRNP as needed.
- Maintains Nursing Department files and records. Extracts,
batches, sorts, and numbers, and ensures data is accurate and
easily accessible. Keeps files up-to-date and organized, in
accordance with applicable regulations. Locates and withdraws files
and records to meet the needs of end users. Periodically reviews
and audits filed material.
- Distributes information to nursing units as needed, including
but not limited to memos, read-and-sign documents, current wound
sheets, pharmacy recommendations, etc. Assigns deadlines, tracks
forms, and collects completed forms.
- Maintains confidentiality of all pertinent personnel and
resident information. Ensures safeguarding of personnel and
- Assists with the completion of forms related to Department of
Health surveys and maintains all related records. Assists care team
with collection of necessary forms or reports.
- Receives, opens, sorts, and distributes incoming and outgoing
mail. Reviews and processes outgoing mail. Maintains appropriate
logs for tracking.
- Works with the Human Resources department to schedule
interviews for nursing positions and corresponds with candidates as
- Oversees nursing certifications and licenses, and tracks
expiration dates. Assists with notifications to employees of
- Assists with infection control notifications, condolence cards,
staff birthdays, and other correspondence, and communicates with
administration, nursing personnel, and other department managers
- Works with the facility's Pharmacy program and physicians/CRNP
to ensure prior authorization forms are completed as
- Assists with collecting and gathering incident reports and
statements from nursing units. Follows up and ensures statements
are collected in a timely manner.
- Ensures that policies and procedures are available
electronically, and assists with distributing new policies and
- Assists with scheduling personnel as needed, and acts as
back-up scheduling coordinator.
- Ensures office inventory levels, maintains the care and use of
supplies and equipment, and maintains a clean and orderly
appearance and of the Nursing Office.
- Types correspondence as directed.
- High School Diploma or it's equivalent. Business courses
- Minimum one (1) year experience in a secretarial or clerical
position preferred, but not required.
- Able to read, write, speak, and communicate in the English
- Ability to tactfully deal with patients, residents, and
coworkers, with patience, a cheerful disposition, and
- Ability to function independently and apply practical
- Organization skills and attention to detail. Must possess
- Able to type a minimum of 60 words per minute and use a ten key
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office, including MS Word
and Excel, data input/output, and office machines and
- Works overtime as needed.
- 8:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.
- Part-time (Monday, Wednesday, Friday)
What we offer:
We have a winning total rewards package for the right individual
that includes the following:
- Competitive Pay
- Immediate Medical, Dental, Vision Benefits
- Short- and Long-Term Disability
- Life Insurance
- 401(k) & 401(k) Matching Contributions
- Employee Referral Program
- Paid Vacation Time
- Paid Sick Time
- Paid Holidays
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Advancement Opportunities
- Professional Development Assistance
Pleasant Valley Manor is a proud Equal Opportunity Employer. We do
not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender,
sexual orientation, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or
mental disability, veteran status, or any other state and federally
As we navigate the COVID crisis, Pleasant Valley Manor continues to
observe CDC guidelines and takes every precautionary measure to
ensure potential candidates, our staff, and our residents remain
Keywords: PLEASANT VALLEY MANOR, Bethlehem , Office Clerk, Administration, Clerical , Stroudsburg, Pennsylvania
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!