Company: Adecco USA
Posted on: November 26, 2022
Commodity Buyer Primary Job Objective: As a Commodity Buyer, you
will be responsible for the continuity of material supply,
maintaining proper inventory levels and to support on-time
production schedules. This position requires an extremely
perceptive person who possess the ability to relate to employees at
all levels. The Commodity Buyer will interface with both internal
and external vendors in order to assess product suitability, price
and delivery. As unique situations present themselves the selected
candidate must be sensitive to customer needs, corporate goals, and
company reputation. Duties/Responsibilities:
- Prepare and process purchase orders and requisitions for
materials, supplies, and equipment in line with business
- Specialize in procurement, cost reduction, inventory control,
material requirement planning, process control, minimum and maximum
systems, and Kanban systems.
- Utilize Funnel Management processes and techniques to
prioritize and drive purchase price reductions and cost savings
- Works with the commercial team to optimize Minimum Order
Quantities that drive reduced changes overs in the production
- Manages site inventory levels to balance cost and delivery and
meet inventory turn goals. Analyzes current inventories and
procedures; suggests improvements to increase efficiency of supply
chain and profitability for the company.
- Collaborates with other departments and stakeholders to
identify and maintain resources needed to establish and provide an
effective supply chain.
- Monitors the performance of suppliers, assessing their ability
to meet quality and delivery requirements; identifies and qualifies
new suppliers in collaboration with other departments.
- Responsible for navigating ERP systems and track reports to
generate accurate data to drive improvement across all procurement
- Own and re-enforce the Company's cultural core elements: Safety
First, Wow The Customer, Relationships Matter, Do The Right Thing,
and Can-Do Attitude
- Prepare and execute corrective actions to improve performance,
- Support implementation of the customer's Manufacturing
Operating System (MOS)
- Provide developmental and training opportunities that elevate
- Performs other related duties as assigned. Position
- Excellent interpersonal and negotiation skills with a proven
ability to create and maintain positive working relationships with
vendors, suppliers, shippers, and customers.
- A minimum of three (3) years of procurement experience.
- Possess a proven track record of experience, success, and
results in procurement, ideally in the automotive, agriculture,
marine, and aerospace industries.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Thorough understanding of company products and logistics.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Experience working in a Manufacturing Operating System
- Demonstrated knowledge of Lean Manufacturing & other Continuous
- Commitment to upholding company culture and values
- Exceptional communication skills - both verbal and written
- Proactive and independent with the ability to take
- Ability to demonstrate a strong work ethic and personal
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite and other related
software. If you meet the above qualifications and would like to
apply for this position, please click APPLY NOW and upload your
most current resume or you may email your resume to our recruiter,
Dee Shider, at email@example.com Please include "Buyer" on
the subject line of any e-mail correspondence. Questions regarding
this position can be addressed by emailing. Thank you in advance
for applying, however, only qualified candidates will be contacted.
The Adecco Group is a Fortune Global 500 company and the global
leader in Human Resource Solutions. Our group connects over 700,000
associates with our business clients each day through our 6,600
offices in over 70 countries and territories around the world. We
offer employment opportunities at any stage in your Professional
Career. For great opportunities near you, go to www.adeccousa.com
today! Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled. To read our
Candidate Privacy Information Statement, which explains how we will
use your information, please visit
http://www.adeccousa.com/candidate-privacy/ .Equal Opportunity
Employer/Veterans/DisabledTo read our Candidate Privacy Information
Statement, which explains how we will use your information, please
navigate to https://www.adeccousa.com/candidate-privacyThe Company
will consider qualified applicants with arrest and conviction
Keywords: Adecco USA, Bethlehem , Commodity Buyer, Accounting, Auditing , Quakertown, Pennsylvania
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!